Chatsworth Road Festival returns for the second year in a row
- Credit: Leon Sendikas
A community festival will be popping up in Clapton for the second year in a row this weekend.
The Chatsworth Road Festival and family fun day will be packed with events, activities and entertainment throughout the day on Saturday.
The festival kicks off at 10am with a charity football match organised by Salaam Peace Football Club to raise money for Homerton Hospital.
Throughout the day you can find out which dog looks most like their owner in a dog show, practice your skills with the Pedro Club Boxing Gym, dronk from the Beavertown bar and watch live music.
Cllr for Lea Bridge, Ian Rathbone, said: “It’s fantastic to see Chatsworth Road Festival become an annual event.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great example of an integrated community event with different generations and cultures coming together from across the area to celebrate who we are and have a good time together.”
The festival, hosted by Chatsworth Road Traders and Residents Association, returned last year for the first time following a 34 year hiatus.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 6 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 7 Hackney resident urges women to consider careers in construction
- 8 Leyton Orient seal win over Barrow to move just one point off the play-offs
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
In the past the area frequently hosted parades and community festivals with banners and floats and community festivals on Chatsworth Road and the surrounding streets.
Festival organiser, Allan Parker, said: “We want this event to become a staple in every Hackney-dweller’s calendar, as it was back in the 70s when the streets would pile out for the festival each year.
“This year’s festival hopes to revive that community spirit.”
Chatsworth Road Festival will take place from 10am to 9pm this Saturday with an after party taking place at 41b Social Club on Chatsworth Road hosted by Comadisco.
The road will be closed to traffic from the junction with Dunlace Road to Rushmore Road.