Chinese pop sensation to sing in Hackney
A Chinese teenage pop sensation will make her UK solo debut in a Hackney theatre next week.
Fourteen-year-old DouDou is a huge hit in the Chinese charts, after making her name performing the theme song of the Beijing 2008 Olympics.
She is now one of the most famous Mandodpop – Mandarin popular music - artists in China. But her Hackney Empire concert will be the first time she has performed outside China on her own.
DouDou performed live on TV for Chinese New Year’s Eve celebrations in 2011, was named “Best New Artist” at the CCTV Awards (the Chinese equivalent to the MTV Awards) in 2010 and sung on a the 100-day countdown track for the Beijing Olympics as one of the 100 most popular Chinese, Taiwanese and Japanese singers.
Part of the Cultural Olympiad, the concert hopes to share Mandopop with a culturally diverse audience.
DouDou is performing on August 8 at 8pm at The Hackney Empire, Mare Street, Hackney. Tickets start at �10 and are available from http://www.hackneyempire.co.uk/2785/shows/dou-dou-in-concert.html
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 3 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 4 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 5 MP Meg Hillier urges people to book boosters amid Omicron spread
- 6 Free Movember 'shave down' at Hackney salon
- 7 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 8 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 9 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 10 Masks, PCR tests and boosters: New measures to combat Omicron variant