Acapella choir to debut at Hackney's Round Chapel
- Credit: Tom Hartley
A group of 50 singers are coming together for their their debut concert at Round Chapel in Hackney.
ChoirCo formed post-lockdown and are based in central London. The acapella choir will perform their first show on the evening of December 12.
Erin McCullough, Brand Music Consultant at creative music agency DLMDD, set up the choir in September after living at home in Belfast over the pandemic.
Erin said: “It was like everything over the pandemic - we didn’t realise what we had until it was gone.
"Singing in a small room with people, performing, making music, these were all things I took for granted, and missed so much over the last year.
"Returning to London from Belfast, I knew I wanted to create a special space for singers who were looking to try something new or light the spark on an old passion."
The choir has grown over three months and now spans two groups, one of which is comprised of women only.
Get tickets at buytickets.at/choirco
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash