Cookoo food delivery: Hackney chefs combine in online market place
- Credit: Archant
As a working mother-of-three with a non-stop schedule, dinner time all too often creeps up and I’ll find the cupboards are bare – but there are hungry mouths to feed.
I was therefore excited to hear about Cookoo’s food delivery service. It’s an online market place where local cooks – from Michelin trained chefs to stay-at-home mums – tempt you with their home-made, super fresh, dishes.
The delicious rustic confit duck leg with lentils which we tried, for example, is cooked by Dorothee Gaschignard, who runs French bistro Bouchon Fourchette in Mare Street.
Prices are reasonable and the menu is culturally varied, with a spicy miso aubergine with noodles, a jackfruit jalfrezi or a miso and ginger glazed pork belly priced at just under £8, or chocolate mousse for £2.50.
If you spend over a tenner delivery is free.
You may also want to watch:
The menu is available to view several days in advance, and lunch and dinner options vary every day with different cooks touting their dishes.
It was easy, quick and painless to order online and when the food is on its way you get a text to let you know it’s on its way and the ETA.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 8 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 9 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 10 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
Although the food is sourced from various chefs, the branding is uniform and smart with Cookoo cutlery, serviettes and little cards for each dish listing nutritional info and cooking instructions.
The food tasted great and to top it off it made my day to know dinner was sorted in the comfort of our own home.