Cookoo food delivery: Hackney chefs combine in online market place
- Credit: Archant
As a working mother-of-three with a non-stop schedule, dinner time all too often creeps up and I’ll find the cupboards are bare – but there are hungry mouths to feed.
I was therefore excited to hear about Cookoo’s food delivery service. It’s an online market place where local cooks – from Michelin trained chefs to stay-at-home mums – tempt you with their home-made, super fresh, dishes.
The delicious rustic confit duck leg with lentils which we tried, for example, is cooked by Dorothee Gaschignard, who runs French bistro Bouchon Fourchette in Mare Street.
Prices are reasonable and the menu is culturally varied, with a spicy miso aubergine with noodles, a jackfruit jalfrezi or a miso and ginger glazed pork belly priced at just under £8, or chocolate mousse for £2.50.
If you spend over a tenner delivery is free.
You may also want to watch:
The menu is available to view several days in advance, and lunch and dinner options vary every day with different cooks touting their dishes.
It was easy, quick and painless to order online and when the food is on its way you get a text to let you know it’s on its way and the ETA.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
Although the food is sourced from various chefs, the branding is uniform and smart with Cookoo cutlery, serviettes and little cards for each dish listing nutritional info and cooking instructions.
The food tasted great and to top it off it made my day to know dinner was sorted in the comfort of our own home.