Cinema and live music at All Points East's neighbourhood festival
- Credit: Rory James
All Points East Festival's free 'In The Neighbourhood' event returns this summer with three days of activities, outdoor screenings and live music.
Running in Victoria Park from August 31 to September 2, the family friendly line up also includes street food and pop up bars, dance, cabaret, sports, crafts and wellbeing activities.
Run in collaboration with local community groups, the programme gets underway straight after the main festival's four days of top class music acts including Bicep, Kano, Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club.
Cinema screenings include Mama Mia, The Lion King, Kinky Boots, and Priscilla Queen of the Desert, while local breweries will get involved in a Craft Beer Fair on August 31.
Emerging music talent curated by Continental Drifts will play for the crowds, and there are performances by queer Pan-Asian cabaret collective The Bitten Peach, storytelling and dance with Queen of Sheba International, Werk In Progress curated by East London's favourite LGBTQ+ venue The Glory, and aerial circus performances and workshops with Upswing. For little ones there is magical storytelling on the bandstand by Half Moon Theatre or pop-up puppet shows with Bus King Theatre.
Creatives can enjoy free design and woodwork sessions with Poetry In Wood, making flower corsages with Flowers by Imogen, and for fitness fans there are workshops from the Thai Boxing Fighters Academy, plus yoga from More Yoga.
Meanwhile The School of Noise is offering sessions which explore the science of sound, playing unusual instruments, composing experimental sound art, and conducting orchestras of fruit and vegetables.
- 1 Stoke Newington: Pret 'sorry' after staff tell indy café 'we'll steal your customers'
- 2 Speeding driver who killed elderly man in hit and run found guilty
- 3 'A horrific attack': Man suffers critical head injuries from Shoreditch fight
- 4 Three men convicted for Dalston shooting
- 5 Hackney man wanted by Surrey Police
- 6 Jailed: Hackney man sentenced for fatal hit-and-run
- 7 Section 60: Increased stop and search powers in place across Hackney
- 8 Men jailed after firing 13 shots at people in children's park
- 9 9 great ways to celebrate the Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Travel bulletin: Islington, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham
Jim King, CEO of European Festivals at AEG Presents, says: “We’re so pleased to bring In The Neighbourhood back to All Points East this year, in collaboration with Tower Hamlets. It is a real celebration of the local area, and we’re lucky to have all these fantastic local businesses and vendors join us in Victoria Park for three days of free activities and entertainment. Whether it’s a dance class, theatre or craft workshop, there really is something for everyone.”
Find the full programme here: