Cinema and live music at All Points East's neighbourhood festival
- Credit: Rory James
All Points East Festival's free 'In The Neighbourhood' event returns this summer with three days of activities, outdoor screenings and live music.
Running in Victoria Park from August 31 to September 2, the family friendly line up also includes street food and pop up bars, dance, cabaret, sports, crafts and wellbeing activities.
Run in collaboration with local community groups, the programme gets underway straight after the main festival's four days of top class music acts including Bicep, Kano, Foals and Bombay Bicycle Club.
Cinema screenings include Mama Mia, The Lion King, Kinky Boots, and Priscilla Queen of the Desert, while local breweries will get involved in a Craft Beer Fair on August 31.
Emerging music talent curated by Continental Drifts will play for the crowds, and there are performances by queer Pan-Asian cabaret collective The Bitten Peach, storytelling and dance with Queen of Sheba International, Werk In Progress curated by East London's favourite LGBTQ+ venue The Glory, and aerial circus performances and workshops with Upswing. For little ones there is magical storytelling on the bandstand by Half Moon Theatre or pop-up puppet shows with Bus King Theatre.
You may also want to watch:
Creatives can enjoy free design and woodwork sessions with Poetry In Wood, making flower corsages with Flowers by Imogen, and for fitness fans there are workshops from the Thai Boxing Fighters Academy, plus yoga from More Yoga.
Meanwhile The School of Noise is offering sessions which explore the science of sound, playing unusual instruments, composing experimental sound art, and conducting orchestras of fruit and vegetables.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 6 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this Halloween weekend
- 7 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 10 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
Jim King, CEO of European Festivals at AEG Presents, says: “We’re so pleased to bring In The Neighbourhood back to All Points East this year, in collaboration with Tower Hamlets. It is a real celebration of the local area, and we’re lucky to have all these fantastic local businesses and vendors join us in Victoria Park for three days of free activities and entertainment. Whether it’s a dance class, theatre or craft workshop, there really is something for everyone.”
Find the full programme here: