Four unique Christmas markets in east London to check out
- Credit: Rob Harris / Bow Arts
Looking to do some Christmas shopping while enjoying a day - or evening - out?
Festive markets will be offering stalls with unique gift ideas, other activities and, of course, mulled wine over the next month.
Here are some of the most unique markets in east London, each offering something a little different:
The Festive Fair Night Time Market
When: Every Thursday from November 25, 5pm - 9pm
Where: Hackney Bridge, Echo Building, E Bay Lane, E15 2SJ
Hackney Bridge's Thursday markets at the new east London culture and culinary hub are the perfect place for picking up unique gifts, Christmas decorations and more, while enjoying some mulled wine.
Christmas trees will also be on sale every Thursday to Sunday from November 25. And if you can’t do evenings, there's also an outdoor weekend market every Saturday from 9am to 4pm.
Christmas Graphic Art Fair
When: Saturday and Sunday, December 4 and 5, 10am-7pm
Where: Protein Studios, 31 New Inn Yard, Shoreditch
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 5 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 6 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 7 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 8 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
Online shop They Made This, which sells affordable artworks by many of the world’s top graphic artists and designers, is hosting an arts fair in Shoreditch.
It offers limited edition art from 50 talented contemporary graphic artists. Marketgoers can even try their hand at screen-printing workshops, commission their own unique artwork from resident artists, or win a prize from a tombola.
Bow Arts' Winter Market
When: Sunday, December 5, 11am – 4pm
Where: Bow Arts Courtyard, 183 Bow Road, E3 2SJ
This annual winter market offers locally-made gifts and artworks - such as ceramic vases, printed t-shirts, handmade jewellery and original prints - from some of Bow's community of artists, makers and designers.
There will be around 25 stalls to browse and delicious treats from Bow Arts’ Nunnery Cafe. A free, drop-in art workshop will also give families and kids a chance to get creative, using a range of tools to print their own unique handmade wrapping paper.
South Woodford Christmas Market
When: Sunday, December 19, 11am - 4pm
Where: George Lane, South Woodford E18 1AY
South Woodford Society will host a Christmas special of its monthly market, with stalls selling food, festive treats, presents and decorations.
Santa will be on hand as well as some craft stalls to keep children entertained - plus mulled wine for the adults. The market is held in George Lane between Boots and International Supermarket.