Soul star Leee John to take Canary Wharf stage marking 40 years of Imagination
- Credit: Bossamusic
Soul star Leee John is singing in Canary Wharf to mark the 40th anniversary of band Imagination.
The Friday night “up close and intimate" performance is at the Boisdale restaurant and music venue on July 16.
The Hackney-born R&B singer-songwriter, now living with his family at Gladstone Park in Dollis Hill, had record sales of more than 30 million albums with Imagination including hits like Just An illusion, Flashback and In The Heat of the Night.
“It’s fair to say Leee John is one of the hardest-working men in music,” his publicist Archie Carmichael said. “Even today Imagination’s music continues with remixes and adaptations by major contemporary stars.”
The 2017 Retropia album, by Imagination and featuring Leee, had two UK Soul chart-toppers, Do It Right Now and Make Your Mind Up.
You may also want to watch:
These were followed by Police and Thieves, paying homage to the classic anthem originally recorded in 1976 by Junior Murvin.
Friday’s performance at the Boisdale venue in Canary Wharf Shopping Centre in Cabot Square has Covid safety measures in place with face masks required.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 8 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 9 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 10 Police officers save lives in two sperate emergencies on same shift