Disney on Ice centenary show at O2 Docklands Arena
Great costumes and smart presentation made this show a delight
The centenary celebration of Disney’s colourful characters at the O2 was slick and stylish.
Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic offered everything you would expect. The sets were simple, the skaters’ costumes were fabulous.
James really enjoyed the Toy Story section, in particular the green toy soldiers.
Our favourite part of the show was the first act finale which was It’s A Small World’.
You may also want to watch:
It’s my favourite ride at Disney and it was depicted really well.
The skaters were dressed in blue, silver and white, dancing to represent countries around the world (just like the ride) and the segue finished with a mini electric parade.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 5 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 8 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 9 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 10 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
There was a mix of real classics Pinocchio/ Beauty and the Beast and Pixar Nemo / The Incredibles.
I also really enjoyed the Mulan segue and want to see the film now.
Mickey and Minnie hosted the show with the help of Pluto (who James thought was really funny) & Donald Duck.
Unsurprisingly, James was not impressed by the ‘Princess’ section.