Disney on Ice centenary show at O2 Docklands Arena
Great costumes and smart presentation made this show a delight
The centenary celebration of Disney’s colourful characters at the O2 was slick and stylish.
Disney on Ice: 100 Years of Magic offered everything you would expect. The sets were simple, the skaters’ costumes were fabulous.
James really enjoyed the Toy Story section, in particular the green toy soldiers.
Our favourite part of the show was the first act finale which was It’s A Small World’.
You may also want to watch:
It’s my favourite ride at Disney and it was depicted really well.
The skaters were dressed in blue, silver and white, dancing to represent countries around the world (just like the ride) and the segue finished with a mini electric parade.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
There was a mix of real classics Pinocchio/ Beauty and the Beast and Pixar Nemo / The Incredibles.
I also really enjoyed the Mulan segue and want to see the film now.
Mickey and Minnie hosted the show with the help of Pluto (who James thought was really funny) & Donald Duck.
Unsurprisingly, James was not impressed by the ‘Princess’ section.