East London cake designer Lily Vanilli launches private members club in Shoreditch
East Londoners can enjoy nights of pure indulgence thanks to a new private members’ cake and cocktails club run by experimental baker Lily Vanilli.
Ms Vanilli, otherwise known as Lily Jones, the 28-year-old cake designer who started her successful business with a market stall off Brick Lane, launched her latest idea at the Ninety-eight Bar and Lounge in Curtain Road, Shoreditch last Thursday.
With over 2,000 applications for membership already, visitors who book appointments or attend special events run by the club will enjoy Courvoisier carrot cake, alcoholic candy floss and white Russian marshmallows among other treats.
Lily, who lives in Homerton, said: “It’s really gone crazy in terms of membership.
“The original idea came from the venue, which I really liked because it allows for a very decadent atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Live piano performances and a resident mixologist cap off the luxurious evenings.
As well as catering to the stars, including Elton John’s White Tie & Tiara ball last summer, Lily launched a counter at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge at the end of last year.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 8 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
To apply for membership to the cake club, email email@example.com.