East London cake designer Lily Vanilli launches private members club in Shoreditch
East Londoners can enjoy nights of pure indulgence thanks to a new private members’ cake and cocktails club run by experimental baker Lily Vanilli.
Ms Vanilli, otherwise known as Lily Jones, the 28-year-old cake designer who started her successful business with a market stall off Brick Lane, launched her latest idea at the Ninety-eight Bar and Lounge in Curtain Road, Shoreditch last Thursday.
With over 2,000 applications for membership already, visitors who book appointments or attend special events run by the club will enjoy Courvoisier carrot cake, alcoholic candy floss and white Russian marshmallows among other treats.
Lily, who lives in Homerton, said: “It’s really gone crazy in terms of membership.
“The original idea came from the venue, which I really liked because it allows for a very decadent atmosphere.”
Live piano performances and a resident mixologist cap off the luxurious evenings.
As well as catering to the stars, including Elton John’s White Tie & Tiara ball last summer, Lily launched a counter at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge at the end of last year.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 'Catastrophic consequences': Thousands of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 3 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 4 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 5 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 6 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Travel disruptions: Hackney, Islington, Tower Hamlets, Newham
To apply for membership to the cake club, email firstname.lastname@example.org.