East London cake designer Lily Vanilli launches private members club in Shoreditch
East Londoners can enjoy nights of pure indulgence thanks to a new private members’ cake and cocktails club run by experimental baker Lily Vanilli.
Ms Vanilli, otherwise known as Lily Jones, the 28-year-old cake designer who started her successful business with a market stall off Brick Lane, launched her latest idea at the Ninety-eight Bar and Lounge in Curtain Road, Shoreditch last Thursday.
With over 2,000 applications for membership already, visitors who book appointments or attend special events run by the club will enjoy Courvoisier carrot cake, alcoholic candy floss and white Russian marshmallows among other treats.
Lily, who lives in Homerton, said: “It’s really gone crazy in terms of membership.
“The original idea came from the venue, which I really liked because it allows for a very decadent atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Live piano performances and a resident mixologist cap off the luxurious evenings.
As well as catering to the stars, including Elton John’s White Tie & Tiara ball last summer, Lily launched a counter at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge at the end of last year.
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 6 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Flooding, delays and storms: London issued yellow weather warning
- 10 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
To apply for membership to the cake club, email email@example.com.