East London cake designer Lily Vanilli launches private members club in Shoreditch
East Londoners can enjoy nights of pure indulgence thanks to a new private members’ cake and cocktails club run by experimental baker Lily Vanilli.
Ms Vanilli, otherwise known as Lily Jones, the 28-year-old cake designer who started her successful business with a market stall off Brick Lane, launched her latest idea at the Ninety-eight Bar and Lounge in Curtain Road, Shoreditch last Thursday.
With over 2,000 applications for membership already, visitors who book appointments or attend special events run by the club will enjoy Courvoisier carrot cake, alcoholic candy floss and white Russian marshmallows among other treats.
Lily, who lives in Homerton, said: “It’s really gone crazy in terms of membership.
“The original idea came from the venue, which I really liked because it allows for a very decadent atmosphere.”
You may also want to watch:
Live piano performances and a resident mixologist cap off the luxurious evenings.
As well as catering to the stars, including Elton John’s White Tie & Tiara ball last summer, Lily launched a counter at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge at the end of last year.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 5 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'
- 10 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
To apply for membership to the cake club, email email@example.com.