East London cake designer Lily Vanilli launches private members club in Shoreditch
East Londoners can enjoy nights of pure indulgence thanks to a new private members’ cake and cocktails club run by experimental baker Lily Vanilli.
Ms Vanilli, otherwise known as Lily Jones, the 28-year-old cake designer who started her successful business with a market stall off Brick Lane, launched her latest idea at the Ninety-eight Bar and Lounge in Curtain Road, Shoreditch last Thursday.
With over 2,000 applications for membership already, visitors who book appointments or attend special events run by the club will enjoy Courvoisier carrot cake, alcoholic candy floss and white Russian marshmallows among other treats.
Lily, who lives in Homerton, said: “It’s really gone crazy in terms of membership.
“The original idea came from the venue, which I really liked because it allows for a very decadent atmosphere.”
Live piano performances and a resident mixologist cap off the luxurious evenings.
As well as catering to the stars, including Elton John’s White Tie & Tiara ball last summer, Lily launched a counter at the Harrods store in Knightsbridge at the end of last year.
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 4 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 5 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 6 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 7 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 8 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 9 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 10 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
To apply for membership to the cake club, email email@example.com.