Enjoy culinary delights from around the world at Dalston pop-up
- Credit: Archant
A hidden foodie bolthole is set to take guests on a global culinary journey with a one-night pop-up.
Merci Marie, a restaurant and cafe tucked away in an old warehouse in Abbot Street, Dalston, will host a special dinner called Around the World in 80 days on Saturday.
The menu has been curated by owner and head chef Marie Gonfond and features flavours from Japan, Thailand, Turkey, Morocco and Mexico, with her signature French twist.
Shared tapas style starters include Chicken Karaage with tsukemono sauce from Japan and Lamb Kofte wrapped in pickled cucumber and pomegranate from Turkey.
Among the mains are Moroccan slow cooked beef ribs in spices and preserved lemon, while the dessert menu features delights such as American chocolate peanut butter fudge sundae.
A Merci Marie spokesman said: “A Provence-born chef, Marie hails from generations of farmers and fantastic cooks. She grew up in an environment where the focus was firmly placed on the taste, quality and love put into each meal.
“She has brought these values over to London with her, mixing up traditional Provençal cooking, with inspiration also drawn from the diversity of London.”
- 1 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
All ingredients used for the dinner will be sourced from the local area.
Around the World in 80 Days, in Fitzroy House, starts at 7pm and costs £35 per person. This includes a welcome cocktail. Guests are advised to bring their own bottle.
Contact Marie on email@example.com or call her on 020 7254 2456 or 077 9053 0703.