Enjoy culinary delights from around the world at Dalston pop-up
- Credit: Archant
A hidden foodie bolthole is set to take guests on a global culinary journey with a one-night pop-up.
Merci Marie, a restaurant and cafe tucked away in an old warehouse in Abbot Street, Dalston, will host a special dinner called Around the World in 80 days on Saturday.
The menu has been curated by owner and head chef Marie Gonfond and features flavours from Japan, Thailand, Turkey, Morocco and Mexico, with her signature French twist.
Shared tapas style starters include Chicken Karaage with tsukemono sauce from Japan and Lamb Kofte wrapped in pickled cucumber and pomegranate from Turkey.
Among the mains are Moroccan slow cooked beef ribs in spices and preserved lemon, while the dessert menu features delights such as American chocolate peanut butter fudge sundae.
You may also want to watch:
A Merci Marie spokesman said: “A Provence-born chef, Marie hails from generations of farmers and fantastic cooks. She grew up in an environment where the focus was firmly placed on the taste, quality and love put into each meal.
“She has brought these values over to London with her, mixing up traditional Provençal cooking, with inspiration also drawn from the diversity of London.”
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 4 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 5 Hackney 'unsung heroes' honoured in Mayor's civic awards
- 6 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 7 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 8 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 9 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 10 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
All ingredients used for the dinner will be sourced from the local area.
Around the World in 80 Days, in Fitzroy House, starts at 7pm and costs £35 per person. This includes a welcome cocktail. Guests are advised to bring their own bottle.
Contact Marie on firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 020 7254 2456 or 077 9053 0703.