Enjoy Home Alone and Elf with festive Cinema in the Snow
- Credit: Archant
Pop Up Screens’ The Cinema in the Snow is bringing all of your favourites to Hackney Showroom
Reports are flooding in of the first winter snow in the south of England. If last year’s anything to go by, we won’t be seeing any of it in London but as Brits, we are, as ever, optimistic and unprepared for a change in weather.
Even if sledging isn’t on the cards just yet, there’s one thing that can haul in the Christmas cheer. It’s festive film season.
Pop Up Screens’ The Cinema in the Snow is bringing all of your favourites to Hackney Showroom. Through the wardrobe there will be a winter wonderland to make Jack Frost jealous.
Running from December 8 to 18 the season starts and ends with Elf, the quest by elf-raised Buddy to find his father in New York.
You may also want to watch:
Next up is Home Alone, where Kevin McCallister awakes to find his family have gone on holiday and left him behind to fend off a pair of burglars.
There are the ultimate tearjerkers, Love Actually and It’s a Wonderful Life, and for all the scrooges out there, Muppet’s Christmas Carol and The Grinch might be able to warm the cockles. Nightmare Before Christmas is on call to inject a little spookiness, though Home Alone 2 may serve the same purpose with a certain newly elected President making a cameo.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 4 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 9 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 10 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
To top it all off, sustenance is available in the form Drum and Kernel popcorn, handmade brownies, craft beer, hot chocolate and mulled wine.
Tickets are £20 for adults and £10 for under 10s. Families can get a bonus price of £50 for two adults and two children. Go to popupscreens.co.uk for tickets and information about showing times.