Enjoy Home Alone and Elf with festive Cinema in the Snow
- Credit: Archant
Pop Up Screens’ The Cinema in the Snow is bringing all of your favourites to Hackney Showroom
Reports are flooding in of the first winter snow in the south of England. If last year’s anything to go by, we won’t be seeing any of it in London but as Brits, we are, as ever, optimistic and unprepared for a change in weather.
Even if sledging isn’t on the cards just yet, there’s one thing that can haul in the Christmas cheer. It’s festive film season.
Pop Up Screens’ The Cinema in the Snow is bringing all of your favourites to Hackney Showroom. Through the wardrobe there will be a winter wonderland to make Jack Frost jealous.
Running from December 8 to 18 the season starts and ends with Elf, the quest by elf-raised Buddy to find his father in New York.
Next up is Home Alone, where Kevin McCallister awakes to find his family have gone on holiday and left him behind to fend off a pair of burglars.
There are the ultimate tearjerkers, Love Actually and It’s a Wonderful Life, and for all the scrooges out there, Muppet’s Christmas Carol and The Grinch might be able to warm the cockles. Nightmare Before Christmas is on call to inject a little spookiness, though Home Alone 2 may serve the same purpose with a certain newly elected President making a cameo.
- 1 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 2 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 3 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 4 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 5 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 6 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 7 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times
- 8 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 9 London Assembly: TfL urged to rethink plans to cut 78 bus routes
- 10 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
To top it all off, sustenance is available in the form Drum and Kernel popcorn, handmade brownies, craft beer, hot chocolate and mulled wine.
Tickets are £20 for adults and £10 for under 10s. Families can get a bonus price of £50 for two adults and two children. Go to popupscreens.co.uk for tickets and information about showing times.