Feel the Latin rhythm in London’s Docklands
Latin rhythms, a riot of colourful costumes and spectacular samba performances will light up the Docklands at the capital’s second biggest festival later this month.
Carnaval del Pueblo is a free authentic Latin carnival inspired by the famous street processions of Rio de Janeiro, Colombia, Mexico and Cuba that fill the cities with music and dancing.
Revellers at the 14th annual celebration of Latin American culture can try regionally-themed food and drink and watch live music and dancing across three stages and two tents.
Nineteen Latin American countries are represented and the carnival’s motto is “all ethnicities bienvenido”.
Grammy-nominated Dominican Republic artist Fulanito will play on the main stage, getting crowds dancing to their unique blend of traditional merengue with modern beats.
Entertainment group Oi Brazil will headline the Brazilian stage. Their samba, capoeira and spectacular costumes never fail to impress.
Food and craft stalls provide attractions away from the music and there is also a children’s zone with bouncy castles, bungee trampolines, waterballs, a simulator and playground.
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 4 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 5 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 8 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 9 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 10 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
The fun continues at an after party at The Hub (in the Pleasure Gardens) from 10pm until late.
Carnaval del Pueblo will be at the London Pleasure Gardens, North Woolwich Road, London E16 2BU, on August 18 from midday to 11pm.
For more information visit www.carnavaldelpueblo.co.uk