Feel the Latin rhythm in London’s Docklands
Latin rhythms, a riot of colourful costumes and spectacular samba performances will light up the Docklands at the capital’s second biggest festival later this month.
Carnaval del Pueblo is a free authentic Latin carnival inspired by the famous street processions of Rio de Janeiro, Colombia, Mexico and Cuba that fill the cities with music and dancing.
Revellers at the 14th annual celebration of Latin American culture can try regionally-themed food and drink and watch live music and dancing across three stages and two tents.
Nineteen Latin American countries are represented and the carnival’s motto is “all ethnicities bienvenido”.
Grammy-nominated Dominican Republic artist Fulanito will play on the main stage, getting crowds dancing to their unique blend of traditional merengue with modern beats.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment group Oi Brazil will headline the Brazilian stage. Their samba, capoeira and spectacular costumes never fail to impress.
Food and craft stalls provide attractions away from the music and there is also a children’s zone with bouncy castles, bungee trampolines, waterballs, a simulator and playground.
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 3 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 4 'Unbelievably awful’ - North London MPs react to David Amess stabbing
- 5 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 6 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 7 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 8 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant
- 9 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
The fun continues at an after party at The Hub (in the Pleasure Gardens) from 10pm until late.
Carnaval del Pueblo will be at the London Pleasure Gardens, North Woolwich Road, London E16 2BU, on August 18 from midday to 11pm.
For more information visit www.carnavaldelpueblo.co.uk