Feel the Latin rhythm in London’s Docklands
Latin rhythms, a riot of colourful costumes and spectacular samba performances will light up the Docklands at the capital’s second biggest festival later this month.
Carnaval del Pueblo is a free authentic Latin carnival inspired by the famous street processions of Rio de Janeiro, Colombia, Mexico and Cuba that fill the cities with music and dancing.
Revellers at the 14th annual celebration of Latin American culture can try regionally-themed food and drink and watch live music and dancing across three stages and two tents.
Nineteen Latin American countries are represented and the carnival’s motto is “all ethnicities bienvenido”.
Grammy-nominated Dominican Republic artist Fulanito will play on the main stage, getting crowds dancing to their unique blend of traditional merengue with modern beats.
You may also want to watch:
Entertainment group Oi Brazil will headline the Brazilian stage. Their samba, capoeira and spectacular costumes never fail to impress.
Food and craft stalls provide attractions away from the music and there is also a children’s zone with bouncy castles, bungee trampolines, waterballs, a simulator and playground.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 3 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 4 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 5 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 6 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 7 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 8 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 9 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
The fun continues at an after party at The Hub (in the Pleasure Gardens) from 10pm until late.
Carnaval del Pueblo will be at the London Pleasure Gardens, North Woolwich Road, London E16 2BU, on August 18 from midday to 11pm.
For more information visit www.carnavaldelpueblo.co.uk