First Look: EartH Kitchen
- Credit: Archant
Take a look inside the new EartH Kitchen, a neighbourhood-style restaurant just opened on Stoke Newington Road.
The 150-cover restaurant is a joint-venture from Auro Foxcroft – the founder of Village Underground – and Chris Gillard, a former executive chef with the St. John Group.
Sample dishes include griddled mackerel, beetroot, leaves and horseradish; pork and duck rillettes with cornichons and toast; tender slow-roast lamb breast with pickled raisins and mint; and crispy polenta, roast carrots, fennel, radicchio and salsa verde.
The venue will feature a cocktail bar overseen by another St. John Group alumni in Toni Castillo.
Based on the first floor within a former cinema foyer, EartH Kitchen plans to host jazz nights on Thursday and low-key DJ sets come Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Before the restaurant opened, head chef Gillard said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming apprentices from Hackney City College – EartH Kitchen is a place for training, and for talent to be nurtured, with the promise of a role in the team at the end of it.”
EartH Kitchen, 11-17 Stoke Newington Road, N16 8BH.
- 1 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 7 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12