First Look: EartH Kitchen
- Credit: Archant
Take a look inside the new EartH Kitchen, a neighbourhood-style restaurant just opened on Stoke Newington Road.
The 150-cover restaurant is a joint-venture from Auro Foxcroft – the founder of Village Underground – and Chris Gillard, a former executive chef with the St. John Group.
Sample dishes include griddled mackerel, beetroot, leaves and horseradish; pork and duck rillettes with cornichons and toast; tender slow-roast lamb breast with pickled raisins and mint; and crispy polenta, roast carrots, fennel, radicchio and salsa verde.
The venue will feature a cocktail bar overseen by another St. John Group alumni in Toni Castillo.
Based on the first floor within a former cinema foyer, EartH Kitchen plans to host jazz nights on Thursday and low-key DJ sets come Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Before the restaurant opened, head chef Gillard said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming apprentices from Hackney City College – EartH Kitchen is a place for training, and for talent to be nurtured, with the promise of a role in the team at the end of it.”
EartH Kitchen, 11-17 Stoke Newington Road, N16 8BH.
- 1 'The pressure is intense': Hoxton vegan chef competes in Great British Menu
- 2 London Fields: Woman's cheekbone fractured in broad daylight attack
- 3 'Massive stabbing' in Old Street forces Moorfields Eye Hospital to close
- 4 What can open in Hackney when lockdown rules ease on May 17?
- 5 All you need to know about the Hackney by-elections on May 6
- 6 Hackney New School to complain to Ofcom over damning ITV report
- 7 London Assembly election 2021: Meet the north east candidates
- 8 Anti-LTN independent candidates deny creating new political party
- 9 Doctors 'concerned' patients' health will suffer due to non-Covid backlog
- 10 Teenagers shot and stabbed in Hackney