First Look: EartH Kitchen
- Credit: Archant
Take a look inside the new EartH Kitchen, a neighbourhood-style restaurant just opened on Stoke Newington Road.
The 150-cover restaurant is a joint-venture from Auro Foxcroft – the founder of Village Underground – and Chris Gillard, a former executive chef with the St. John Group.
Sample dishes include griddled mackerel, beetroot, leaves and horseradish; pork and duck rillettes with cornichons and toast; tender slow-roast lamb breast with pickled raisins and mint; and crispy polenta, roast carrots, fennel, radicchio and salsa verde.
The venue will feature a cocktail bar overseen by another St. John Group alumni in Toni Castillo.
Based on the first floor within a former cinema foyer, EartH Kitchen plans to host jazz nights on Thursday and low-key DJ sets come Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Before the restaurant opened, head chef Gillard said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming apprentices from Hackney City College – EartH Kitchen is a place for training, and for talent to be nurtured, with the promise of a role in the team at the end of it.”
EartH Kitchen, 11-17 Stoke Newington Road, N16 8BH.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 4 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 5 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 6 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service