Five of the best places to eat at Bike Shed London 2019
- Credit: Archant
As Shoreditch-based venue The Bike Shed prepare to host their 10th anniversary show at Tobacco Dock, the event’s caterers Feast It pick out five great places that will be feeding the motorhead masses.
The Bike Shed Motorcycle club in Shoreditch really know how to put on a show. If you've got gnarly bikes, tattoo parlours and barber shops in mind, you've hit the nail on the head.
Don't be fooled into thinking it's a motorcycle trade fair though. Whether you're a biker for real, a biker at heart, or just fancy tasting some of London's best and dirtiest street food, this is the event for you!
Power couple Sebastien and Marta are London street food stalwarts whose burgers are on a different level. It was Marta's burger addiction, paired with Sebastien's classical French training (and his appearance on Masterchef The Professionals), that saw the birth of award-winning Cheeky Burger. Want something a little different? Look out for the 'Cheeky Elvis' burger, a divine concoction of hot sauce, bacon and peanut butter.
You may also want to watch:
When it comes to serving up mighty balls of meaty joy, there's nobody out there quite like Melter Meatballs! The toppings are out of this world - imagine truffle mayonnaise, blue cheese dip, chilli jam, crispy onions, parmesan and red slaw. These guys pride themselves on serving up the very best meatballs in London and once you've tasted them, we're sure you'll agree.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 4 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 8 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 9 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
- 10 Police divers search for man who fell from boat into freezing River Lea
The Green Grill
Hey, bikers can be vegans too! The Green Grill serve the most unique and colourful vegan burgers on the London foodie scene. Top recommendation: the Red Devil Burger - a bamboo charcoal bun which encloses black turtle beans, red bell peppers and smoky barbecue sauce. Viva la veggie!
Jackalope's All American
Jackalope's All American is an authentic and utterly delicious American Mac n' Cheese street food company serving up a special homemade recipe macaroni with a host of mouthwatering BBQ toppings. You can't have a biker festival without a little taste of the States, can you?
Early mornings can be tough - you're going to need to put some oil in the tank to prep yourself for an action-packed day at Bike Shed. Routes Coffee have driven across the world in their beautiful 1989 Bedford Rascal and picked up all the tricks of the trade from coffee bean farmers, distributors, roasters and baristas along the way. You're in safe hands with these coffee aficionados!