Flour and Grape, Bermondsey: Top notch home-made pasta at unbeatable prices
- Credit: Flour and Grape
As its name suggests, Flour and Grape specialises in freshly-made pasta and wine.
The Bermondsey restaurant has a simple – but top-notch - menu of antipasti, pastas, gelati and an extensive list of Italian reds and whites.
Things got off to a fantastic start just with the bread selection (£3) featuring warm, home made focaccia which soaked up the olive oil and balsamic vinegar we dipped it into. Fresh plump olives are just £2, and mortadella made with truffle graces the Salumi plate (£7).
Gigli pasta (£8) has a frilly texture to encompass a mellow sausage and fennel ragu, while the rich tortelloni were filled with roasted pork and sage butter (£10).
I was impressed, and so was my nine-year-old daughter evidently. “This is so good. I love it. I’ve said that a million times but who cares,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Fussy kids are catered for too, and her friend chose a simple tomato sauce with thick spaghetti – or bucatini.
Desserts didn’t fail to impress either, with a rich chocolate and hazelnut mousse, sprinkled with sea salt (£4) and a tiramisu gelato (£4).
- 1 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 2 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 3 Undercover Met officers may have infiltrated Hackney CND
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Decision to demolish 'irreplaceable' community hall in Hackney on hold
- 6 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
- 7 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 8 Man who punched pregnant woman in Stamford Hill convicted
- 9 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 10 Stoke Newington restauranteur's father becomes Dementia Friend at 101
For such high quality artisan food, the prices are unbeatable.