Flour and Grape, Bermondsey: Top notch home-made pasta at unbeatable prices
- Credit: Flour and Grape
As its name suggests, Flour and Grape specialises in freshly-made pasta and wine.
The Bermondsey restaurant has a simple – but top-notch - menu of antipasti, pastas, gelati and an extensive list of Italian reds and whites.
Things got off to a fantastic start just with the bread selection (£3) featuring warm, home made focaccia which soaked up the olive oil and balsamic vinegar we dipped it into. Fresh plump olives are just £2, and mortadella made with truffle graces the Salumi plate (£7).
Gigli pasta (£8) has a frilly texture to encompass a mellow sausage and fennel ragu, while the rich tortelloni were filled with roasted pork and sage butter (£10).
I was impressed, and so was my nine-year-old daughter evidently. “This is so good. I love it. I’ve said that a million times but who cares,” she said.
Fussy kids are catered for too, and her friend chose a simple tomato sauce with thick spaghetti – or bucatini.
Desserts didn’t fail to impress either, with a rich chocolate and hazelnut mousse, sprinkled with sea salt (£4) and a tiramisu gelato (£4).
- 1 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 2 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 3 Man arrested over two separate rape allegations - one previously unknown to police
- 4 De Beauvoir mother and son campaign to keep the 21 bus route
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being caught with cannabis and cash
- 6 Girl reported missing from Hackney found
- 7 'Deeply shocked and troubled': Reports of rising anti-Semitic crime
- 8 ‘The people of Edmonton will stop this incinerator’ - Protestors promise more action if plan is signed off
- 9 Man's head and hand slashed in Hackney knife attack
- 10 Woman, 31, cleared of murdering man in Hackney
For such high quality artisan food, the prices are unbeatable.