Flour and Grape, Bermondsey: Top notch home-made pasta at unbeatable prices
- Credit: Flour and Grape
As its name suggests, Flour and Grape specialises in freshly-made pasta and wine.
The Bermondsey restaurant has a simple – but top-notch - menu of antipasti, pastas, gelati and an extensive list of Italian reds and whites.
Things got off to a fantastic start just with the bread selection (£3) featuring warm, home made focaccia which soaked up the olive oil and balsamic vinegar we dipped it into. Fresh plump olives are just £2, and mortadella made with truffle graces the Salumi plate (£7).
Gigli pasta (£8) has a frilly texture to encompass a mellow sausage and fennel ragu, while the rich tortelloni were filled with roasted pork and sage butter (£10).
I was impressed, and so was my nine-year-old daughter evidently. “This is so good. I love it. I’ve said that a million times but who cares,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Fussy kids are catered for too, and her friend chose a simple tomato sauce with thick spaghetti – or bucatini.
Desserts didn’t fail to impress either, with a rich chocolate and hazelnut mousse, sprinkled with sea salt (£4) and a tiramisu gelato (£4).
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
For such high quality artisan food, the prices are unbeatable.