Flour and Grape, Bermondsey: Top notch home-made pasta at unbeatable prices
- Credit: Flour and Grape
As its name suggests, Flour and Grape specialises in freshly-made pasta and wine.
The Bermondsey restaurant has a simple – but top-notch - menu of antipasti, pastas, gelati and an extensive list of Italian reds and whites.
Things got off to a fantastic start just with the bread selection (£3) featuring warm, home made focaccia which soaked up the olive oil and balsamic vinegar we dipped it into. Fresh plump olives are just £2, and mortadella made with truffle graces the Salumi plate (£7).
Gigli pasta (£8) has a frilly texture to encompass a mellow sausage and fennel ragu, while the rich tortelloni were filled with roasted pork and sage butter (£10).
I was impressed, and so was my nine-year-old daughter evidently. “This is so good. I love it. I’ve said that a million times but who cares,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
Fussy kids are catered for too, and her friend chose a simple tomato sauce with thick spaghetti – or bucatini.
Desserts didn’t fail to impress either, with a rich chocolate and hazelnut mousse, sprinkled with sea salt (£4) and a tiramisu gelato (£4).
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
For such high quality artisan food, the prices are unbeatable.