Food review: Flock, Tower Hill
- Credit: Archant
Flock describes itself as a “next generation coffee house”. But that only tells part of the story.
This new café can lay claim to being one of London’s most versatile new bars. Not just a coffee house, it also deals in craft beer and, most importantly for my friend and I, delicious food.
We arrive on a Thursday evening for a quick bite to eat, with the stylish restaurant surprisingly quiet.
I choose the hanger steak, which bizarrely is Flock’s most popular Deliveroo item on Saturday mornings. They flog loads of them, apparently.
Strange time of day aside, you can see why it’s so popular: the tender meat, with sautéed veggies, is perfect.
You may also want to watch:
Even better, and probably more suited to a Saturday morning hangover, is my friend’s toastie burger. The luxurious, melted cheese oozes out with every bite.
If anything, Flock could be described as too versatile. To the casual diner, it’s unclear what its main focus is. Coffee and cake or beer and steak? Maybe it’s trying to be too many things at one time.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
What is clear, however, is the sheer quality of its food.
Flock, 105A Minories, EC3N 1LA. Call 020 7702 1675.