Food review: Flock, Tower Hill
- Credit: Archant
Flock describes itself as a “next generation coffee house”. But that only tells part of the story.
This new café can lay claim to being one of London’s most versatile new bars. Not just a coffee house, it also deals in craft beer and, most importantly for my friend and I, delicious food.
We arrive on a Thursday evening for a quick bite to eat, with the stylish restaurant surprisingly quiet.
I choose the hanger steak, which bizarrely is Flock’s most popular Deliveroo item on Saturday mornings. They flog loads of them, apparently.
Strange time of day aside, you can see why it’s so popular: the tender meat, with sautéed veggies, is perfect.
You may also want to watch:
Even better, and probably more suited to a Saturday morning hangover, is my friend’s toastie burger. The luxurious, melted cheese oozes out with every bite.
If anything, Flock could be described as too versatile. To the casual diner, it’s unclear what its main focus is. Coffee and cake or beer and steak? Maybe it’s trying to be too many things at one time.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 4 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 5 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 6 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 7 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 8 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
What is clear, however, is the sheer quality of its food.
Flock, 105A Minories, EC3N 1LA. Call 020 7702 1675.