Food review: Flock, Tower Hill
- Credit: Archant
Flock describes itself as a “next generation coffee house”. But that only tells part of the story.
This new café can lay claim to being one of London’s most versatile new bars. Not just a coffee house, it also deals in craft beer and, most importantly for my friend and I, delicious food.
We arrive on a Thursday evening for a quick bite to eat, with the stylish restaurant surprisingly quiet.
I choose the hanger steak, which bizarrely is Flock’s most popular Deliveroo item on Saturday mornings. They flog loads of them, apparently.
Strange time of day aside, you can see why it’s so popular: the tender meat, with sautéed veggies, is perfect.
You may also want to watch:
Even better, and probably more suited to a Saturday morning hangover, is my friend’s toastie burger. The luxurious, melted cheese oozes out with every bite.
If anything, Flock could be described as too versatile. To the casual diner, it’s unclear what its main focus is. Coffee and cake or beer and steak? Maybe it’s trying to be too many things at one time.
- 1 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 2 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 3 Nuisance drinkers in Hackney to be fined under new order
- 4 More developers could lodge proposals for Hackney Central site
- 5 Finsbury Park house to be transformed for ‘Halloween experience’
- 6 Calls to boycott Museum of Home until Geffrye statue falls
- 7 O's will need a much improved display against leaders Forest Green
- 8 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 9 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 10 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
What is clear, however, is the sheer quality of its food.
Flock, 105A Minories, EC3N 1LA. Call 020 7702 1675.