Hackney brewery opens outdoor taproom for pizza and beer
- Credit: The Five Points Brewing Company
A London Fields brewery has opened its new outdoor taproom venue just in time for pizza-filled open-air get togethers this summer.
The Five Points Brewing Company will be serving its full range of tank-fresh beers in the outdoor space, which is based in the yard and arches of the brewery's new headquarters in Mare Street.
The venue is also preparing to launch a brand new pop-up at the space called ACE Under The Arches next Thursday on July 8.
Five Points co-founder Ed Mason said: “We love ACE Pizza, and we love their attention to detail.
"Their 48-hour cold fermented dough makes for a delicious pizza crust, and their flavours and ingredients combinations are incredible. Having worked with them at our pub The Pembury Tavern, they were our first choice when it came to inviting a food brand to join us at our new open-air Hackney Taproom this summer.”
You may also want to watch:
Guests will be able to snack on a variety of ACE pizzas, which have previously only been served at the brewery's pub, the Pembury Tavern.
ACE's neon-laden shack will offer stone baked, New York-Neapolitan’ style pizzas, all cooked in a wood fired oven with seasonal toppings and vegan options.
- 1 Covid cases drop in Hackney for the first time since May
- 2 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 3 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 4 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 5 Eggslut food truck to bring 'edible breakfast cloud' to Shoreditch
- 6 From Shoreditch to Las Vegas: New bingo hall for Hackney
- 7 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 8 Hackney this weekend: A Jerk festival, bingo with a twist and more
- 9 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 10 Midfielder Ouss Cisse confirms Leyton Orient departure
Chef and co-founder Rachel Jones said: “We’re incredibly grateful we were able to continue over the past year, serving our pizzas via delivery and takeaway.
"Launching a brand new site in our home Hackney where we are able to serve people directly from our new pizza shack, feels like a very joyous moment for us."
Along with the ACE Pizza residency, the Five Points outdoor taproom will also be hosting a series of events throughout the summer, including screenings of the Euros, guest DJs and bands, plus a range of beer and food festivals and collaborations.
On July 24 and 25, seafood specialists Decatur will be serving up Louisiana-inspired seafood boils and chargrilled oysters and in August the venue will host a British hop beer festival.
Five Points will also be giving away a free beer in exchange for donations to The Hackney Foodbank. Customers can get involved by booking a table between July 22-25 and bringing donations on the day.
To find out more or book, visit fivepointsbrewing.co.uk/pubs/mare-street-taproom