Vegan burger launches in every London McDonald's
- Credit: McDonald's
A vegan burger has arrived in every London McDonald's branch.
The McPlant is the fast-food chain's first plant-based burger, and as of today - January 5 - it is available in every store across the UK.
It includes a plant-based patty, co-developed with Beyond Meat, coupled with a bespoke vegan cheese and vegan sandwich sauce.
To mark the roll-out, Hackney-born boxing champion Lawrence Okolie gave his seal of approval to the new "knock-out" burger at his training gym.
The McPlant was initially trialled in Coventry in September last year, before arriving at a further 250 stores across the country.
At that time, McDonald’s UK and Ireland chief marketing officer Michelle Graham-Clare said: "We are always looking for different ways to innovate and meet our customers’ needs, and with McPlant we have a delicious plant-based burger that will appeal to everyone.
"Whether you’re vegan or just fancy a plant-based patty, we’re confident you will enjoy the McPlant.”
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 5 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 6 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 7 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 8 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash