The best chip shop in Hackney, as decided by you
- Credit: Google
There has never been a better time to visit your chippy than National Fish and Chip Day.
To celebrate the occasion, which falls today (Friday, June 4), we have been asking for your opinions on Facebook as to which is your favourite place to buy a cod and chips - or whatever your usual.
Based on the responses, we have put together a top five chippies in and around Hackney.
1) Mickey’s Fish and Chips, Pellerin Road, Stoke Newington
The most popular fish and chip shop was Mickey’s Fish and Chips.
You may also want to watch:
Two users described Mickey’s as “The best”.
2) Faulkners, Kingsland Road, Dalston.
- 1 Man loses sight in eye after "attack" outside Hackney chip shop
- 2 Owner of UK's first vegan Indian takeaway: 'I have shaken the entire industry'
- 3 5 films you may not know where shot in Hackney
- 4 Chatsworth Road trader told to pay up to £455 for licence to sell on land he says is his
- 5 Queen's Birthday Honours: Hackney man's vital vaccine work honoured
- 6 Hackney boxing champion Kirkland Laing dies aged 66
- 7 Delta Covid strain spreads in Hackney with high rates in neighbouring boroughs
- 8 5 great places in north London to watch England's Euro 2020 campaign
- 9 Hackney student's urine project could see her crowned UK Young Scientist of the Year
- 10 Phone snatcher admits guilt after robberies in Islington, Hackney and Tower Hamlets
Faulkners has been around for 40 years. Their fish and chips are also available to be ordered on Deliveroo.
3) Maria’s Fish Bar, Hoxton Street, Hoxton.
Maria’s Fish Bar is also available on Deliveroo.
4) The Kingfisher, Homerton High St, Homerton
The Kingfisher has an extensive vegan menu as well as traditional fish and chips.
5) Simply The Best Fish Bar, Hackney Road, Hoxton
The last top-ranking fish and chip shop was Simply The Best Fish Bar, where you can pick up a cod and chips for under £6.