Stoke Newington's YumYum voted best Thai restaurant in London
- Credit: The Asian Curry Awards
A Stoke Newington eatery has been voted best Thai restaurant in London in the 2021 Asian Curry Awards.
Much-loved Hackney haunt YumYum Thai Restaurant is owned by Atique Choudhury who received the award with his mum Khaleda Choudhury as well as Hackney North and Stoke Newington MP Diane Abbott.
His father Dabirul, who was made an OBE for charity service in the Queen's Birthday Honours last year was also in attendance, along with mayor of London Sadiq Khan.
The awards took place at Grosvenor House on Sunday (November 21).
Owner Atique said: "The award means a lot to me, my wife and our team as we have been really challenged during the time of Covid.
"To win the Best Thai Restaurant in London at The Asian Curry Awards, which is the curry Oscars, is very special.
"I dedicate this award to all our customers who have supported us over the years."
The restaurant will be celebrating 30 years of service in 2022.
- 1 Jailed: 'Evil' Dalston rapist who tried to flee country by Eurostar
- 2 Stoke Newington residents go without running water for days
- 3 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 4 Mother of son lost to knife crime honoured by the Queen
- 5 De Beauvoir to house UK's first East and South-East Asian resource centre
- 6 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 7 Half a million Mare Street flat to be auctioned for investment
- 8 UK's 'home of baking' to open third venue in Haggerston
- 9 A fan of brussels sprouts? Then you'll love this Hoxton restaurant
- 10 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
"This is the best gift I could ask for," added Atique.