Forget soggy sandwiches: Hoxton’s Smokey Tails launches BBQ picnic
- Credit: Archant
If only the sun would finally emerge and the rain would lay off this summer, Smokey Tails is perfectly placed next to Hoxton Square to grab one of its new takeaway BBQ Picnics and go al fresco.
Sadly the moment I walked off with my picnic from the new permanent base of the pop-up which specialises in smoked meats, at the Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen, the heavens opened and a thunder storm erupted.
So my friends and I decided to recreate the outdoor dining experience in my open plan kitchen, and we laid out the chequered picnic blanket - supplied for a deposit.
The branded bag includes everything needed for an impromptu picnic, and we unloaded the super selection which comes in at a very reasonable £9 per head.
The selection is super fresh and healthy, with an array of salads to go with the gloriously smoky chicken wings.
You may also want to watch:
There’s corn on the cob with buffalo butter, a citrusy “seasonal slaw”, and a spicy salad with charred pak choi, green peppers, broccoli, spring onions, baby leeks with crunchy cashews and a lemongrass dressing.
There’s also a wholesome spiced couscous salad with pomegranate, feta and lemon to tuck into.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
Vegetarian options are available and change seasonally with the menu, and we were pleased with the grilled cheese halloumi.
The feast is complete with a chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce
There’s now a week for everything in our annual calendar, and this bumper offering was launched to coincide with National Picnic Week.
There’s no excuse tucking into soggy sandwiches and crushed crisps for lunch, now that the Smokey Tails BBQ Picnic has landed.