Future Cinema launches family friendly Ghostbusters screenings
- Credit: Archant
Immersive cinema group Future Cinema has launched more special family screenings of cult 80s film Ghostbusters.
The 1984 supernatural comedy film - which stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis as three eccentric parapsychologists who start a ghost catching business in New York City - is the latest in a string of movies to be screened in East London by Future Cinema.
It follows on from Dirty Dancing this summer, which saw 12,000 guests transported back to the summer of 1963 in Hackney Downs Park over the course of three nights.
A spin off from hugely popular Secret Cinema, which sees film-buffs signing up not knowing what film they will see or where, Future Cinema provides the immersive experience without so much of the mystery.
A spokeswoman said: “From the start, we had one family matinee on sale which sold out very quickly, and we saw that there was demand therefore have added more.
You may also want to watch:
“Elite Ghostbusters must have no fear of slime, no fear of monsters and must cut a very good figure in a boiler suit,” she added.
Tickets available for family friendly screenings on Sunday November 24 and Monday December 23 at 12.30pm at The Troxy in Limehouse, Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 3 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 9 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 10 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
Screenings for over 18s still have availability on November 22, November 23, December 12, 13, 22 and 23.
Tickets cost £35 or £28.50 for concessions, and £15 for children.
For tickets see www.futurecinema.co.uk/tickets.