Future Cinema launches family friendly Ghostbusters screenings
- Credit: Archant
Immersive cinema group Future Cinema has launched more special family screenings of cult 80s film Ghostbusters.
The 1984 supernatural comedy film - which stars Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd and Harold Ramis as three eccentric parapsychologists who start a ghost catching business in New York City - is the latest in a string of movies to be screened in East London by Future Cinema.
It follows on from Dirty Dancing this summer, which saw 12,000 guests transported back to the summer of 1963 in Hackney Downs Park over the course of three nights.
A spin off from hugely popular Secret Cinema, which sees film-buffs signing up not knowing what film they will see or where, Future Cinema provides the immersive experience without so much of the mystery.
A spokeswoman said: “From the start, we had one family matinee on sale which sold out very quickly, and we saw that there was demand therefore have added more.
You may also want to watch:
“Elite Ghostbusters must have no fear of slime, no fear of monsters and must cut a very good figure in a boiler suit,” she added.
Tickets available for family friendly screenings on Sunday November 24 and Monday December 23 at 12.30pm at The Troxy in Limehouse, Tower Hamlets.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 10 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
Screenings for over 18s still have availability on November 22, November 23, December 12, 13, 22 and 23.
Tickets cost £35 or £28.50 for concessions, and £15 for children.
For tickets see www.futurecinema.co.uk/tickets.