Gigi’s: New restaurant and music venue for Hoxton Square
- Credit: Archant
Italian food, cocktails and DJ sets in to the early hours are on the cards at Gigi’s: the new Hoxton Square venue from Giovanna Hussain
A new bar, all-day restaurant and live music venue will open on Hoxton Square on Thursday June 20.
Gigi's Hoxton is based on the former site of Zigfrid von Underbelly, where the goal is to create a memorable venue that offers 'cutting edge design, contemporary food and kick-ass cocktails.'
The venture comes from Giovanna Hussain, who is also behind east London venues The Corner Shop, The Rocksteady and The Grapevine together with her husband, Taiyab.
Gigi's is to open daily from 12pm (or 10am at weekends) serving up dishes put together by Antonio Mollo, who taps in to his Italian heritage and passion for high-quality ingredients here.
You may also want to watch:
Featuring a laid-back brunch menu which 'plays on regional Italian dishes and classic Brit favourites', sample plates from the dinner menu include Pan-fried scallops with asparagus cream, purple cauliflower and lemon & thyme bread crumble (£8.50); and Beetroot carpaccio with rocket, green apple, goats cheese, walnuts and honey lemon dressing (£8).
If you're dropping in later for drinks, Gigi's will have Italian, French and New World wines, with Budvar on tap and a range of cocktails spanning lighter drinks to 'heady concoctions that pave the way for dancing and partying.' The venue stays open until 3am come weekends.
- 1 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 2 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 3 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 7 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
A centrepiece of Gigi's is the long-bar - topped with green Wasabi stone and lit with streaks of neon - and there's also bespoke murals with strong feminine themes, hand-painted by artist Kate Philipson, otherwise known as Leopards Lunch.
There will be DJ sets and live music - this is Hoxton, after all - and downstairs you'll find sister venue Hoxton Underbelly; a 200-capacity venue made for hosting live bands, comedy gigs, more DJs and club nights attracting names in pop, indie, rock and house.
Gigi's Hoxton opens this Thursday at 11 Hoxton Square, N1 6NU. For more details, click here.