Gigi’s: New restaurant and music venue for Hoxton Square
- Credit: Archant
Italian food, cocktails and DJ sets in to the early hours are on the cards at Gigi’s: the new Hoxton Square venue from Giovanna Hussain
A new bar, all-day restaurant and live music venue will open on Hoxton Square on Thursday June 20.
Gigi's Hoxton is based on the former site of Zigfrid von Underbelly, where the goal is to create a memorable venue that offers 'cutting edge design, contemporary food and kick-ass cocktails.'
The venture comes from Giovanna Hussain, who is also behind east London venues The Corner Shop, The Rocksteady and The Grapevine together with her husband, Taiyab.
Gigi's is to open daily from 12pm (or 10am at weekends) serving up dishes put together by Antonio Mollo, who taps in to his Italian heritage and passion for high-quality ingredients here.
You may also want to watch:
Featuring a laid-back brunch menu which 'plays on regional Italian dishes and classic Brit favourites', sample plates from the dinner menu include Pan-fried scallops with asparagus cream, purple cauliflower and lemon & thyme bread crumble (£8.50); and Beetroot carpaccio with rocket, green apple, goats cheese, walnuts and honey lemon dressing (£8).
If you're dropping in later for drinks, Gigi's will have Italian, French and New World wines, with Budvar on tap and a range of cocktails spanning lighter drinks to 'heady concoctions that pave the way for dancing and partying.' The venue stays open until 3am come weekends.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 6 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 9 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 10 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
A centrepiece of Gigi's is the long-bar - topped with green Wasabi stone and lit with streaks of neon - and there's also bespoke murals with strong feminine themes, hand-painted by artist Kate Philipson, otherwise known as Leopards Lunch.
There will be DJ sets and live music - this is Hoxton, after all - and downstairs you'll find sister venue Hoxton Underbelly; a 200-capacity venue made for hosting live bands, comedy gigs, more DJs and club nights attracting names in pop, indie, rock and house.
Gigi's Hoxton opens this Thursday at 11 Hoxton Square, N1 6NU. For more details, click here.