Hackney One Carnival comes to town
- Credit: Archant
The streets will be awash with colour and filled with the sound of revelries this Sunday.
The Hackney One Carnival will once again parade around the borough from 2pm to 8pm along a route including Mare Street, the Narrow Way, Dalston Lane and Richmond Road.
Young musicians will be performing on a stage outside the town hall, an all-day children’s play area will be created in Gillett Square with games from around the world and later in the evening the carnival will continue onto Ridley Road with reggae, soca and Brazillian music.
Residents and businesses are invited to decorate their homes in true carnival spirit as part of the decor challenge and the winner is invited to a special awards ceremony later in the year.
Let your imagination and creativity run wild with flags, banners, home made sculptures and papier mache along the procession route.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to get involved with the carnival, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8356 7209.
- 1 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 2 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 5 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space
- 6 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 7 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 8 Hackney service remembers Prince Philip, 'rock of the nation'
- 9 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 10 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London