Hackney One Carnival comes to town
- Credit: Archant
The streets will be awash with colour and filled with the sound of revelries this Sunday.
The Hackney One Carnival will once again parade around the borough from 2pm to 8pm along a route including Mare Street, the Narrow Way, Dalston Lane and Richmond Road.
Young musicians will be performing on a stage outside the town hall, an all-day children’s play area will be created in Gillett Square with games from around the world and later in the evening the carnival will continue onto Ridley Road with reggae, soca and Brazillian music.
Residents and businesses are invited to decorate their homes in true carnival spirit as part of the decor challenge and the winner is invited to a special awards ceremony later in the year.
Let your imagination and creativity run wild with flags, banners, home made sculptures and papier mache along the procession route.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to get involved with the carnival, or for more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8356 7209.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 9 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 10 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs