Knight and Day
Cruise and Diaz reunite for action
DON’T let the trailers deter you – Knight and Day is not a soppy love story salvaging Tom Cruise’s fading popularity by slinging him together with the ever-popular Cameron Diaz.
In the capable hands of director James Mangold (Walk The Line), action comedy hasn’t had it so good since Arnie raced through a hotel on a white horse in spy romcom classic True Lies.
The rollercoaster plot may have more twists than Joaquim Phoenix’s sneer and more holes than Ozzy Osbourne’s brain – but that’s the idea.
All semblance of credibility vanishes within the first five minutes when Tom – sorry, awol secret agent Roy Miller – shoots down a plane full of passengers and crew, crashlands in a small town and drugs the only survivor, June Havens (Diaz), leaving her a couple of post it notes for when she wakes up.
You may also want to watch:
Then Mangold blows the budget as our fated couple take the trip of their lives round the United States, the Azores, Austria and Spain – and all because someone has encapsulated the world’s energy supply in a battery, which Tom, er, Roy, is keeping in his pocket.
Mangold has done it again, definitely one to watch on the big screen. -
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses