Knight and Day
Cruise and Diaz reunite for action
DON’T let the trailers deter you – Knight and Day is not a soppy love story salvaging Tom Cruise’s fading popularity by slinging him together with the ever-popular Cameron Diaz.
In the capable hands of director James Mangold (Walk The Line), action comedy hasn’t had it so good since Arnie raced through a hotel on a white horse in spy romcom classic True Lies.
The rollercoaster plot may have more twists than Joaquim Phoenix’s sneer and more holes than Ozzy Osbourne’s brain – but that’s the idea.
All semblance of credibility vanishes within the first five minutes when Tom – sorry, awol secret agent Roy Miller – shoots down a plane full of passengers and crew, crashlands in a small town and drugs the only survivor, June Havens (Diaz), leaving her a couple of post it notes for when she wakes up.
You may also want to watch:
Then Mangold blows the budget as our fated couple take the trip of their lives round the United States, the Azores, Austria and Spain – and all because someone has encapsulated the world’s energy supply in a battery, which Tom, er, Roy, is keeping in his pocket.
Mangold has done it again, definitely one to watch on the big screen. -
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 4 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 5 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 9 Elderly woman robbed of precious watch in daylight Finsbury Park incident
- 10 Sistah Space launches charity shop to help domestic abuse survivors