Liam, Queens and Iggy are coming to Finsbury Park for a huge weekend of rock
- Credit: Archant
Some of the biggest acts in rock ‘n’ roll – Liam Gallagher, Queens of the Stone Age and Iggy Pop – are coming to Finsbury Park next month.
The park will host three massive one-day festivals on the weekend of June 29, June 30 and July 1.
Last year, Liam re-emerged from his unsuccessful Beady Eye project to become a star solo artist – to the extent that tickets for his June 29 show sold out in minutes.
At least tickets are still available for Queens of the Stone Age the following day, though.
Since 2013, Queens, led by Josh Homme, have also been enjoying a renaissance in popularity. The band’s June 30 headline show in the park was announced following the success of Villains, its seventh album released last year.
You may also want to watch:
The supporting cast is impossibly strong. It’s led by Iggy Pop, who Josh worked with in 2016 to massive success. Hopefully, that sets the stage for a collaboration on the night.
Joining Iggy are 11 more acts, including Run the Jewels, The Hives, Brody Dalle, Miles Kane and Deap Vally.
Like we said – the line-up is impossibly strong. Tickets are on sale at festivalrepublic.com/qotsaThe weekend will be completed with Community Festival on July 1.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 7 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 8 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 9 'It’s scandalous': Hackney LTN's £4m in fines in 18 months
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust
While it’s headlined by big names such as Two Door Cinema Club, The Vaccines and You Me At Six, Community Festival is also a celebration of new music across two stages in the park.
Acts include Sam Fender, Bad Sounds, Yungblud, King Nun and Ten Tonnes.
Tickets for Community Festival are just £40. They are on sale at communityfestival.londonThe three one-day festivals have been put on by music promoter Festival Republic, which also runs festivals including Wireless (also in Finsbury Park), Latitude, Download and Reading and Leeds.