Lovebox headliners include Plan B, Goldfrapp and Azealia Banks
- Credit: Archant
Plan B, Goldfrapp and Azealia Banks have been announced as the headlining acts for the three-day Lovebox dance festival this July.
Event organizers are promising a multi-stage carnival of music, art, fashion and style set in 40 acres of Victoria Park, and other dance heroes in the lineup include Jurassic 5, Annie Mac, DJ Harvey and David Rodigan.
Harlem-born rapper Azealia Banks will get the party started on Friday July 19, and will be joined by Hackney drum and base foursome Rudimental, who shot straight to the top of the UK singles chart last year with their underground smash “Feel the Love”.
Saturday sees the one-man rapping/acting/directing juggernaut Plan B headlining in his East London home, shifting from the hip-hop of his debut LP “Who Needs Actions When You Got Words” to the crisp-suited, blue-eyed soul of the chart-smashing “The Defamation of Strickland Banks”.
The Lovebox team hope to showcase the coolest music, emergent art and cutting edge fashion on Sunday, when Grammy-nominated electro-duo Goldfrapp will be on the main stage.
Day tickets start from £29.50, see www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
- 1 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 2 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 3 'We are trying to shift a culture': ending harassment of Hackney school pupils
- 4 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 5 Dalston food couriers protest will disrupt deliveries this afternoon
- 6 Woman 'may face life-changing injuries' after Dalston e-scooter crash
- 7 Library of Things opens in Dalston: Steam cleaners, tools and more for rent
- 8 Gun found in car as Met makes 130 arrests during drugs op
- 9 Three jailed after 'horrific' revenge attack on teenage boy near Finsbury Park
- 10 Apply now: Hackney Central business fund launched