Lovebox headliners include Plan B, Goldfrapp and Azealia Banks
- Credit: Archant
Plan B, Goldfrapp and Azealia Banks have been announced as the headlining acts for the three-day Lovebox dance festival this July.
Event organizers are promising a multi-stage carnival of music, art, fashion and style set in 40 acres of Victoria Park, and other dance heroes in the lineup include Jurassic 5, Annie Mac, DJ Harvey and David Rodigan.
Harlem-born rapper Azealia Banks will get the party started on Friday July 19, and will be joined by Hackney drum and base foursome Rudimental, who shot straight to the top of the UK singles chart last year with their underground smash “Feel the Love”.
Saturday sees the one-man rapping/acting/directing juggernaut Plan B headlining in his East London home, shifting from the hip-hop of his debut LP “Who Needs Actions When You Got Words” to the crisp-suited, blue-eyed soul of the chart-smashing “The Defamation of Strickland Banks”.
The Lovebox team hope to showcase the coolest music, emergent art and cutting edge fashion on Sunday, when Grammy-nominated electro-duo Goldfrapp will be on the main stage.
You may also want to watch:
Day tickets start from £29.50, see www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 8 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 9 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition