Lovebox headliners include Plan B, Goldfrapp and Azealia Banks
- Credit: Archant
Plan B, Goldfrapp and Azealia Banks have been announced as the headlining acts for the three-day Lovebox dance festival this July.
Event organizers are promising a multi-stage carnival of music, art, fashion and style set in 40 acres of Victoria Park, and other dance heroes in the lineup include Jurassic 5, Annie Mac, DJ Harvey and David Rodigan.
Harlem-born rapper Azealia Banks will get the party started on Friday July 19, and will be joined by Hackney drum and base foursome Rudimental, who shot straight to the top of the UK singles chart last year with their underground smash “Feel the Love”.
Saturday sees the one-man rapping/acting/directing juggernaut Plan B headlining in his East London home, shifting from the hip-hop of his debut LP “Who Needs Actions When You Got Words” to the crisp-suited, blue-eyed soul of the chart-smashing “The Defamation of Strickland Banks”.
The Lovebox team hope to showcase the coolest music, emergent art and cutting edge fashion on Sunday, when Grammy-nominated electro-duo Goldfrapp will be on the main stage.
You may also want to watch:
Day tickets start from £29.50, see www.ticketmaster.co.uk.
- 1 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 2 Hackney Downs anti-vax camp cost £50,000 to remove
- 3 No shortage of energy for runners in the Hackney Half and 5K
- 4 Hackney Wick floating restaurant wins Catey award
- 5 TV drama of fascism and resistance in Jewish East London
- 6 'It could be a grim Christmas': Brexit blamed for Hackney fuel shortages
- 7 Mosaic unveiled near Finsbury Park station entrance at City North
- 8 Meet the Insta-famous Hackney café taking over your feed
- 9 Hackney people called on to help 'stamp out' violence against women and girls
- 10 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild