Massive Attack to headline Victoria Park festival All Points East
- Credit: Clare Shilland
Massive Attack has been announced as a headline act at this summer’s All Points East festival in VIctoria Park.
The iconic group from Bristol will end the opening weekend of the 10-day festival on Sunday May 24.
The band responsible for tracks like Teardrop, Unfinished Sympathy and Blue Lines, was at the forefront of the burgeoning Bristol scene during the 90s.
Robert "3D" Del Naja, Grant "Daddy G" Marshall, and Andy "Mushroom" Vowles intertwined their passion for hip hop, soul, reggae and electronica to create an entirely new genre - now referred to as trip hop.
Massive Attack has released five albums, including the UK Number One LP Mezzanine that celebrated its 21st anniversary last year, is considered one of the most important names in British culture.
You may also want to watch:
Tame Impala has already been announced as a headline act for Saturday May 23, and Kraftwerk for Friday May 29.
Other acts annouced today are the German producer and composer Nils Frahm, the band Young Fathers who collaborated with Massive Attack on the track Voodoo in my Blood, and Buffalo Stance and Manchild artist Neneh Cherry who featured on Massive Attack's debut LP Blue Lines.
- 1 Students earn scholarships at top schools worth £150,000
- 2 Key road closed: Hackney and Islington travel news July 31 - August 6
- 3 'Heads need to roll', says domestic violence campaigner after 'reckless' council data blunder
- 4 £5.75m investment agreed for "historic" Clapton leisure centre
- 5 Vacant Grade I-listed Shoreditch church to be restored and revamped
- 6 Lidl opens! First shoppers enjoy Finsbury Park supermarket
- 7 Dangerously overloaded vans leaving New Spitalfields Market taken off the road
- 8 Hackney residents plan to make noise for more representative voting systems
- 9 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 10 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
Gaika Tavares, Skinny Pelembe, Mad Professor and Hotel Lux are also on the line up.
Tickets priced from £59.95 go on sale at 10am on Friday at allpointseastfestival.com/tickets.