Mazi Mas showcases culinary talent of refugee and migrant women in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27.
Mazi Mas is a roaming restaurant and catering company, which showcases the culinary talent and cultural heritage of migrant and refugee women.
Their new seven month long training programme, which comprises six weeks of culinary and service training and six months of paid part-time employment, is the reason for Mazi Mas’ relaunch of pop up dinners.
The graduate cooks include Elahe Resa, Nasrin Rooghani and Razieh Nirooman (all from Iran), Luzmilla Jarrin from Ecuador, Elizabeth Acuei Yol from South Sudan Paola Naressi from Costa Rica and Melissa Cardenas from Peru.
You may also want to watch:
Founded by Nikandre Kopcke, a New Yorker of German and Greek roots, Mazi Mas is a social hub and creative outlet as well as a culinary centre.
Tickets cost £45pp for three courses and a drink. June 27, 7pm
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop