Mazi Mas showcases culinary talent of refugee and migrant women in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27.
Mazi Mas is a roaming restaurant and catering company, which showcases the culinary talent and cultural heritage of migrant and refugee women.
Their new seven month long training programme, which comprises six weeks of culinary and service training and six months of paid part-time employment, is the reason for Mazi Mas’ relaunch of pop up dinners.
The graduate cooks include Elahe Resa, Nasrin Rooghani and Razieh Nirooman (all from Iran), Luzmilla Jarrin from Ecuador, Elizabeth Acuei Yol from South Sudan Paola Naressi from Costa Rica and Melissa Cardenas from Peru.
Founded by Nikandre Kopcke, a New Yorker of German and Greek roots, Mazi Mas is a social hub and creative outlet as well as a culinary centre.
Tickets cost £45pp for three courses and a drink. June 27, 7pm
- 1 Two shootings in Hackney as Walthamstow murder probe launched
- 2 Dalston Lane closure after rider taken to hospital
- 3 'Rest in peace child': Tributes paid to teenager stabbed to death
- 4 Plumber found guilty of road rage murder of Deliveroo driver
- 5 Call for Hackney Council to refund £200,000 in 'unlawful' fines
- 6 ‘Blimey’: Stoke Newington resident celebrates 109th birthday
- 7 Left in limbo – traders face silence as lease deadline looms
- 8 Community bus serving Islington and Hackney cancelled after surging fuel prices
- 9 Man in 'life-threatening' condition after Hackney shooting
- 10 All Points East 2022: Gorillaz, Idles line-up and stage times