Mazi Mas showcases culinary talent of refugee and migrant women in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27.
Mazi Mas is a roaming restaurant and catering company, which showcases the culinary talent and cultural heritage of migrant and refugee women.
Their new seven month long training programme, which comprises six weeks of culinary and service training and six months of paid part-time employment, is the reason for Mazi Mas’ relaunch of pop up dinners.
The graduate cooks include Elahe Resa, Nasrin Rooghani and Razieh Nirooman (all from Iran), Luzmilla Jarrin from Ecuador, Elizabeth Acuei Yol from South Sudan Paola Naressi from Costa Rica and Melissa Cardenas from Peru.
You may also want to watch:
Founded by Nikandre Kopcke, a New Yorker of German and Greek roots, Mazi Mas is a social hub and creative outlet as well as a culinary centre.
Tickets cost £45pp for three courses and a drink. June 27, 7pm
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared