Mazi Mas showcases culinary talent of refugee and migrant women in Hackney
- Credit: Archant
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27
A special three course dinner at The Round Chapel in Hackney is the brand new menu by migrant and refugee women chefs on June 27.
Mazi Mas is a roaming restaurant and catering company, which showcases the culinary talent and cultural heritage of migrant and refugee women.
Their new seven month long training programme, which comprises six weeks of culinary and service training and six months of paid part-time employment, is the reason for Mazi Mas’ relaunch of pop up dinners.
The graduate cooks include Elahe Resa, Nasrin Rooghani and Razieh Nirooman (all from Iran), Luzmilla Jarrin from Ecuador, Elizabeth Acuei Yol from South Sudan Paola Naressi from Costa Rica and Melissa Cardenas from Peru.
You may also want to watch:
Founded by Nikandre Kopcke, a New Yorker of German and Greek roots, Mazi Mas is a social hub and creative outlet as well as a culinary centre.
Tickets cost £45pp for three courses and a drink. June 27, 7pm
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school