Mexican culture comes to Bethnal Green
A jam-packed celebration of all things Mexican is taking place in Bethnal Green this weekend.
Live music, screenings of award-winning films, exhibitions and delicious Mexican food are amongst highlights that await visitors to LondonMexFest at Rich Mix.
The cultural event kicks off on Friday night with the world premiere of Made in Mexico, a film exploring the music of Mexico, its people and their way of life, followed by a live concert from Mexican music sensation Amandititita.
Her musical style, Anarcumbia, is an urban blend of rock, reggae, rap and traditional Mexican cumbia.
The festival will close with a screening of a dramatic film which follows the kidnapping of a brother and sister, called Daniel and Ana.
You may also want to watch:
In between, visitors can explore an exhibition of photographs by visually-impaired photographers in the Sensory Pop-Up Studio or discover the intricacies of Mexican wrestling in a series of photos by Lourdes Grobet.
LondonMexFest, part of the Shoreditch Fringe Festival, is taking place at Rich Mix, Bethnal Green Road, from August 17-19. Visit www.richmix.org.uk for more information. Tickets cost �7 for adults, �5 for concessions, �15 for a day pass.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared