Mexican culture comes to Bethnal Green
A jam-packed celebration of all things Mexican is taking place in Bethnal Green this weekend.
Live music, screenings of award-winning films, exhibitions and delicious Mexican food are amongst highlights that await visitors to LondonMexFest at Rich Mix.
The cultural event kicks off on Friday night with the world premiere of Made in Mexico, a film exploring the music of Mexico, its people and their way of life, followed by a live concert from Mexican music sensation Amandititita.
Her musical style, Anarcumbia, is an urban blend of rock, reggae, rap and traditional Mexican cumbia.
The festival will close with a screening of a dramatic film which follows the kidnapping of a brother and sister, called Daniel and Ana.
You may also want to watch:
In between, visitors can explore an exhibition of photographs by visually-impaired photographers in the Sensory Pop-Up Studio or discover the intricacies of Mexican wrestling in a series of photos by Lourdes Grobet.
LondonMexFest, part of the Shoreditch Fringe Festival, is taking place at Rich Mix, Bethnal Green Road, from August 17-19. Visit www.richmix.org.uk for more information. Tickets cost �7 for adults, �5 for concessions, �15 for a day pass.
- 1 Hackney had worst knife crime rate in London, report finds
- 2 Dalston revealed as Hackney's top hotspot for weapons offences
- 3 Hackney sees house prices boom by more than 108 per cent over ten years
- 4 'I think religion is a way for people to live meaningfully together': New Rabbi embraces Stoke Newington
- 5 Man attacked with metal pole in Clapton
- 6 Hackney leaders welcome Mayor Khan's ULEZ expansion
- 7 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 8 Hackney NHS staff celebrated for 'work beyond the call of duty'
- 9 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 10 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington