Mexican culture comes to Bethnal Green
A jam-packed celebration of all things Mexican is taking place in Bethnal Green this weekend.
Live music, screenings of award-winning films, exhibitions and delicious Mexican food are amongst highlights that await visitors to LondonMexFest at Rich Mix.
The cultural event kicks off on Friday night with the world premiere of Made in Mexico, a film exploring the music of Mexico, its people and their way of life, followed by a live concert from Mexican music sensation Amandititita.
Her musical style, Anarcumbia, is an urban blend of rock, reggae, rap and traditional Mexican cumbia.
The festival will close with a screening of a dramatic film which follows the kidnapping of a brother and sister, called Daniel and Ana.
You may also want to watch:
In between, visitors can explore an exhibition of photographs by visually-impaired photographers in the Sensory Pop-Up Studio or discover the intricacies of Mexican wrestling in a series of photos by Lourdes Grobet.
LondonMexFest, part of the Shoreditch Fringe Festival, is taking place at Rich Mix, Bethnal Green Road, from August 17-19. Visit www.richmix.org.uk for more information. Tickets cost �7 for adults, �5 for concessions, �15 for a day pass.
- 1 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 2 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 3 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 4 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 5 Scenes from Ridley Road Market during lockdown captured by photographer
- 6 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 7 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 8 Calling anyone born on this day in 1982 for a documentary
- 9 £3m Hackney Central station revamp begins
- 10 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop