Mexican culture comes to Bethnal Green
A jam-packed celebration of all things Mexican is taking place in Bethnal Green this weekend.
Live music, screenings of award-winning films, exhibitions and delicious Mexican food are amongst highlights that await visitors to LondonMexFest at Rich Mix.
The cultural event kicks off on Friday night with the world premiere of Made in Mexico, a film exploring the music of Mexico, its people and their way of life, followed by a live concert from Mexican music sensation Amandititita.
Her musical style, Anarcumbia, is an urban blend of rock, reggae, rap and traditional Mexican cumbia.
The festival will close with a screening of a dramatic film which follows the kidnapping of a brother and sister, called Daniel and Ana.
You may also want to watch:
In between, visitors can explore an exhibition of photographs by visually-impaired photographers in the Sensory Pop-Up Studio or discover the intricacies of Mexican wrestling in a series of photos by Lourdes Grobet.
LondonMexFest, part of the Shoreditch Fringe Festival, is taking place at Rich Mix, Bethnal Green Road, from August 17-19. Visit www.richmix.org.uk for more information. Tickets cost �7 for adults, �5 for concessions, �15 for a day pass.
- 1 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 2 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 3 Your Paper, Your Voice: We want to hear from you
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 6 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 7 Roads, Museum of the Home, Living Wage and child exploitation
- 8 Lottery winners build nesting boxes for Woodberry Wetlands birds
- 9 Police hunt Ilford man after shooting in Hackney
- 10 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12