Moonshine Minnie’s: Shoreditch’s newest speakeasy
- Credit: Archant
Any body who is anybody will soon walk through the door of The Blues Kitchen’s new basement venue, opening at the end of March
Rumours are a-buzzin’, stories by the dozen… a new speakeasy is opening in Shoreditch at the end of the month.
Opening its doors on March 29, Moonshine Minnie’s is the new basement makeover at The Blues Kitchen on Curtain Road. Giving the space a major overhaul, there’s a new drinks menu focused around whisky, with twists on the old classics: Sazerac, Scotch Manhattan and a Bourbon Sidecar.
The music is set to be an all female soundtrack, celebrating the best of the last 70 years in R&B. Expect Etta James, Janice Joplin, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Koko Taylor in playlists curated by The Blues Kitchen radio host Liam Hart.
The décor is a combination of stained Yorkshire Church glass panels, rope panelling and murals by Portuguese graffiti artist Vhils, who used reclaimed prison doors as a canvas for his signature carving.
You may also want to watch:
Moonshine Minnie’s will be open Wednesday to Saturday from 5pm
134-146 Curtain Rd, London EC2A 3AR
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 9 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction