Moonshine Minnie’s: Shoreditch’s newest speakeasy
- Credit: Archant
Any body who is anybody will soon walk through the door of The Blues Kitchen’s new basement venue, opening at the end of March
Rumours are a-buzzin’, stories by the dozen… a new speakeasy is opening in Shoreditch at the end of the month.
Opening its doors on March 29, Moonshine Minnie’s is the new basement makeover at The Blues Kitchen on Curtain Road. Giving the space a major overhaul, there’s a new drinks menu focused around whisky, with twists on the old classics: Sazerac, Scotch Manhattan and a Bourbon Sidecar.
The music is set to be an all female soundtrack, celebrating the best of the last 70 years in R&B. Expect Etta James, Janice Joplin, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Koko Taylor in playlists curated by The Blues Kitchen radio host Liam Hart.
The décor is a combination of stained Yorkshire Church glass panels, rope panelling and murals by Portuguese graffiti artist Vhils, who used reclaimed prison doors as a canvas for his signature carving.
You may also want to watch:
Moonshine Minnie’s will be open Wednesday to Saturday from 5pm
134-146 Curtain Rd, London EC2A 3AR
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 7 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service