Moonshine Minnie’s: Shoreditch’s newest speakeasy
- Credit: Archant
Any body who is anybody will soon walk through the door of The Blues Kitchen’s new basement venue, opening at the end of March
Rumours are a-buzzin’, stories by the dozen… a new speakeasy is opening in Shoreditch at the end of the month.
Opening its doors on March 29, Moonshine Minnie’s is the new basement makeover at The Blues Kitchen on Curtain Road. Giving the space a major overhaul, there’s a new drinks menu focused around whisky, with twists on the old classics: Sazerac, Scotch Manhattan and a Bourbon Sidecar.
The music is set to be an all female soundtrack, celebrating the best of the last 70 years in R&B. Expect Etta James, Janice Joplin, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Koko Taylor in playlists curated by The Blues Kitchen radio host Liam Hart.
The décor is a combination of stained Yorkshire Church glass panels, rope panelling and murals by Portuguese graffiti artist Vhils, who used reclaimed prison doors as a canvas for his signature carving.
You may also want to watch:
Moonshine Minnie’s will be open Wednesday to Saturday from 5pm
134-146 Curtain Rd, London EC2A 3AR
- 1 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
- 2 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 3 Five reasons why Dalston is one of the coolest places in the world
- 4 Two taken to hospital and driver arrested after car flips in Hackney
- 5 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 6 ‘People hit the deck’ - Londoners stunned by fighter jet flyover
- 7 TfL told to introduce 'pay per mile' charge to motorists
- 8 Planet Organic to open in Broadway Market despite thousands of signatures in protest
- 9 Woman battered Hackney Wetherspoons with axe as customers hid inside
- 10 Boiling Point: The film shot in one take inside a Hackney restaurant