Moonshine Minnie’s: Shoreditch’s newest speakeasy
- Credit: Archant
Any body who is anybody will soon walk through the door of The Blues Kitchen’s new basement venue, opening at the end of March
Rumours are a-buzzin’, stories by the dozen… a new speakeasy is opening in Shoreditch at the end of the month.
Opening its doors on March 29, Moonshine Minnie’s is the new basement makeover at The Blues Kitchen on Curtain Road. Giving the space a major overhaul, there’s a new drinks menu focused around whisky, with twists on the old classics: Sazerac, Scotch Manhattan and a Bourbon Sidecar.
The music is set to be an all female soundtrack, celebrating the best of the last 70 years in R&B. Expect Etta James, Janice Joplin, Sister Rosetta Tharpe and Koko Taylor in playlists curated by The Blues Kitchen radio host Liam Hart.
The décor is a combination of stained Yorkshire Church glass panels, rope panelling and murals by Portuguese graffiti artist Vhils, who used reclaimed prison doors as a canvas for his signature carving.
You may also want to watch:
Moonshine Minnie’s will be open Wednesday to Saturday from 5pm
134-146 Curtain Rd, London EC2A 3AR
- 1 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 2 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 3 On the fringe: Great shows in north London this summer
- 4 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 5 Anti-lockdown and vaccination camp remains in Hackney Downs after a week
- 6 Homerton gardens renamed to sever slave trader ties and celebrate community hero
- 7 Upcoming Hackney and Islington road and rail disruptions
- 8 Twenty-five firefighters put out blaze at a Hackney shop
- 9 Where to go to get Pfizer and Astra Zeneca vaccinations
- 10 Flooding, delays and storms: London issued yellow weather warning