Munson & Bond’s Winter Wonderland: ‘Some idiots love this rubbish’
- Credit: Archant
Expect a fun-filled, frothy, festive, feel-good, fab-time show at the Hackney Attic
There are many reasons to love Christmas: chestnuts roasting on an open fire, Jack Frost nipping at your nose, the list goes on and on and on.
And so does actor-musician Nigel Munson, a seasoned Christmas-enthusiast and half of musical comedy pair Munson & Bond. His partner, pianist and vocalist Simon Bond, is more of the Bah Humbug proclivity. But it isn’t stopping them putting on a Winter Wonderland bonanza at the Hackney Attic. A love letter to Christmas music, Nigel is dragging Tim through a world of medleys and mulled wine.
“Munson & Bond’s Winter Wonderland is a fun-filled, frothy, festive, feel-good, fab-time show and I defy anyone to come and not leave with a smile on their face and joy and love in their heart,” says Nigel.
“I can’t wait til January,” says Tim. “I’m used to doing serious work. Being press-ganged into this kind of moronic, exploitative, nostalgic nonsense really aggravates me. But hey, some idiots love this rubbish.”
You may also want to watch:
Thursday December 7, 7:30pm
Tickets at: picturehouses.com/cinema/Hackney_Picturehouse/film/munson-and-bonds-winter-wonderland
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 4 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 6 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 9 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 10 Arsenal legend Kelly Smith says Williamson and Wubben-Moy have the chance to impress for Lionesses