Nando’s Yard: Food, live music and special events at Shoreditch pop-up
- Credit: Archant
Nando’s have launched a pop-up in Shoreditch which is about way more than just chicken slathered in PERi-PERi sauce.
Settling in at The Yard, on Worship Street, from this Thursday until August 18, Nando's Yard is a summertime chill-spot offering new menu items, live music events, supper-clubs, cooking masterclasses and PlayStation tournaments.
We'll start with the food. Nando's Yard will host the rarely-sighted Nando's Brunch, which will launch their new Fully Loaded Wings and a special vegan breakfast called 'Avo Bit of That… On Toast (crushed avocado, signature lemon & herb sauce on toast with mushroom, seeds, fiery beans and PERi-PERi Drizzle, if you were wondering).
The pop-up will also host the Taste Cadets x Big Rap Cookbook Supper Club - made for hip-hop fans - and the Mam Sham Supper Club, which pairs three courses of good food with live comedy acts.
What would happen if you mixed Nando's Perinaise in to a chocolate cake, d'you reckon? You'll be able to find out for yourself on August 3, as former Bake Off contestant Liam Charles hosts a show-stopping baking workshop.
You may also want to watch:
You'll also be able to build your own PERi-PERi feast from the Nando's Yard Stack It Up menu, which covers your burgers, your pittas, wraps and salads, as well as Stefflon Don's Don Drip Wrap; a product launched backstage at Wireless Festival earlier this summer.
Obviously there's plenty to get your teeth in to, but you could also visit Nando's Yard for the live entertainment alone.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 4 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 5 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 6 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 7 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 9 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 10 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
The chicken specialists will be laying on a programme of live gigs and day parties featuring Jimothy, Jaykae, Kojo Funds, M Huncho and more sprinkled across the pop-up's three-week stay.
Events are ticketed, but Nando's Yard will also have communal space which is free for people to enjoy.
Nando's Yard, from August 1-18 at The Yard, 891/2 Worship St, EC2A 2BF. More details and tickets here.