National Whisky Festival comes to the Round Chapel
- Credit: Archant
Scotland’s finest whisky producers head south of the border for the festival’s first London tastings at the Clapton venue
The best of Scotland is heading south of the border in April with a whisky festival at The Round Chapel.
The event will be the first London edition of The National Whisky Festival of Scotland, which has previously held popular tastings in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen.
Fans of the 'water of life' can book in for one of three, three-hour sessions at the Clapton venue to enjoy tastings, food, craft stalls, and specially-curated live music.
Ticketholders are handed a branded Glencairn crystal nosing glass to use on the day and take home.
You may also want to watch:
Dozens of exhibitors, many from exciting and innovative names in the industry, will be offering a dram of their range of whiskies and chatting about how they are made.
Organisers promise a fun, relaxed day for both seasoned palates and adventurous newcomers wanting to sample some of the world's finest whiskies.
- 1 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 2 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 3 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 4 Scouts roll out new early years Squirrels programme across east London
- 5 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 6 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 7 Thousands oppose Stoke Newington Church Street bus gate
- 8 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 9 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 10 Hackney Wick's Lord Napier pub opens its doors after 26 years
Slàinte Mhath, as they say in Scotland.
The National Whisky Festival of Scotland is on April 25 at Round Chapel, Glenarm Road, Lower Clapton. Tickets £35 or £25 for under 25s all ticketholders must be over 18.