Netil House, London Fields: Switch burgers launch at NT’s bar
- Credit: SWITCH BURGERS
Inviting all the members of Netil House along for free burgers on your launch night is a brave move.
Sure enough come 6pm there was a queue bigger than McDonald’s on a Saturday afternoon lining up to try out the mushroom and beef burgers at Switch.
There are just two options, both £10, because its founders wanted to keep it simple.
Ingredients ooze quality with the tarragon-tinged veggie option made out of wild Pembrokeshire field mushrooms encased in Japanese pickled cucumber, roasted garlic and slaw.
A full-flavoured beef pattie is made out of a ‘Switch blend’ of rare breed Dexter rib eye, short rib and chuck steak. It’s clear from the concentrated taste it’s made of low-fat prime cuts, and couldn’t have otherwise been served medium rare.
You may also want to watch:
I thought I was well used to the Hackney hipster by now, but they’re in a league of their own at NT’s in London Fields. There’s a sea of dungarees, bouffant hair and pristine beards, with the backdrop of an energetic female DJ bouncing around to loud music amid fluorescent lighting.
Switch at NT’s, Westgate Street, is open every day.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 8 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web