Netil House, London Fields: Switch burgers launch at NT’s bar
- Credit: SWITCH BURGERS
Inviting all the members of Netil House along for free burgers on your launch night is a brave move.
Sure enough come 6pm there was a queue bigger than McDonald’s on a Saturday afternoon lining up to try out the mushroom and beef burgers at Switch.
There are just two options, both £10, because its founders wanted to keep it simple.
Ingredients ooze quality with the tarragon-tinged veggie option made out of wild Pembrokeshire field mushrooms encased in Japanese pickled cucumber, roasted garlic and slaw.
A full-flavoured beef pattie is made out of a ‘Switch blend’ of rare breed Dexter rib eye, short rib and chuck steak. It’s clear from the concentrated taste it’s made of low-fat prime cuts, and couldn’t have otherwise been served medium rare.
You may also want to watch:
I thought I was well used to the Hackney hipster by now, but they’re in a league of their own at NT’s in London Fields. There’s a sea of dungarees, bouffant hair and pristine beards, with the backdrop of an energetic female DJ bouncing around to loud music amid fluorescent lighting.
Switch at NT’s, Westgate Street, is open every day.
- 1 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 2 Lower Clapton blaze damages maisonette
- 3 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 4 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 5 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 6 Community lifelines: Volunteer 'superheroes' feed Hackney people in need
- 7 Parents raise thousands for home-learning supplies in Hackney and London
- 8 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 9 Sawing-in-half trick reaches century since first show in Finsbury Park
- 10 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse