Netil House, London Fields: Switch burgers launch at NT’s bar
- Credit: SWITCH BURGERS
Inviting all the members of Netil House along for free burgers on your launch night is a brave move.
Sure enough come 6pm there was a queue bigger than McDonald’s on a Saturday afternoon lining up to try out the mushroom and beef burgers at Switch.
There are just two options, both £10, because its founders wanted to keep it simple.
Ingredients ooze quality with the tarragon-tinged veggie option made out of wild Pembrokeshire field mushrooms encased in Japanese pickled cucumber, roasted garlic and slaw.
A full-flavoured beef pattie is made out of a ‘Switch blend’ of rare breed Dexter rib eye, short rib and chuck steak. It’s clear from the concentrated taste it’s made of low-fat prime cuts, and couldn’t have otherwise been served medium rare.
You may also want to watch:
I thought I was well used to the Hackney hipster by now, but they’re in a league of their own at NT’s in London Fields. There’s a sea of dungarees, bouffant hair and pristine beards, with the backdrop of an energetic female DJ bouncing around to loud music amid fluorescent lighting.
Switch at NT’s, Westgate Street, is open every day.
- 1 Delivery couriers boycott Dalston McDonald's
- 2 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers
- 3 Hackney acid attack: Man charged over 2019 assault which left two with life-changing injuries
- 4 Stoke Newington eatery voted favourite café by Gazette readers
- 5 Otas Sarkus: Two charged with murder after fatal shooting
- 6 Hackney's field-to-fork cooking school opens in Lower Clapton
- 7 Complaints about noise neighbours soared in Hackney during the pandemic
- 8 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
- 9 Chinese dumpling house voted top restaurant by readers
- 10 'Food delivery' youth in suspect Shoreditch drugs bust