Netil House, London Fields: Switch burgers launch at NT’s bar
- Credit: SWITCH BURGERS
Inviting all the members of Netil House along for free burgers on your launch night is a brave move.
Sure enough come 6pm there was a queue bigger than McDonald’s on a Saturday afternoon lining up to try out the mushroom and beef burgers at Switch.
There are just two options, both £10, because its founders wanted to keep it simple.
Ingredients ooze quality with the tarragon-tinged veggie option made out of wild Pembrokeshire field mushrooms encased in Japanese pickled cucumber, roasted garlic and slaw.
A full-flavoured beef pattie is made out of a ‘Switch blend’ of rare breed Dexter rib eye, short rib and chuck steak. It’s clear from the concentrated taste it’s made of low-fat prime cuts, and couldn’t have otherwise been served medium rare.
You may also want to watch:
I thought I was well used to the Hackney hipster by now, but they’re in a league of their own at NT’s in London Fields. There’s a sea of dungarees, bouffant hair and pristine beards, with the backdrop of an energetic female DJ bouncing around to loud music amid fluorescent lighting.
Switch at NT’s, Westgate Street, is open every day.
- 1 Campaigners to protest at GP surgeries as outrage grows over US takeover
- 2 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 5 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Newington Green's Meeting House to stream concert series for Mary Wollstonecraft's 262nd Birthday
- 8 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
- 9 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 10 Hackney restaurant exhibits local artists with new art space