Netil Market to host four themed Christmas specials in December
- Credit: Archant
With party season threatening to break out at any moment, Netil Market has announced four special Christmas-themed events taking place in December.
Kicking off this Saturday and running weekly until December 22, here lies a good chance to discover more about some emerging east London traders, ticking off your Christmas shopping list as you go.
Each of the four markets will have a distinct theme “built around some of the core creative themes of the neighbourhood.”
First up, Netil Market puts a focus on Jewellery (December 1), where you’ll be able to browse the glittering pieces of 12 guest stall traders alongside Netil staples like We Are Arrow. Keep an eye out for the distinctive, geometrical designs of Chalk Jewellery – Malaika Carr’s brand has been featured in Wallpaper Magazine, Grazia and FT How To Spend It in recent times.
December 8 is all about the music, as the second instalment of Netil’s Christmas Series is dedicated to Records. Netil Radio will be in position throughout the day, spinning a mix of their favourite tunes with special guests and resident DJs chipping in along the way. There will be a range of records for you to flick between in search of presents for loved ones (or, you know, yourself).
The penultimate event, on December 15, is all about Ceramics. Netil residents Klei will be joined by KANA – a brand with an “experimental and playful” approach to their trade – as well as east London-based Jode Pankhurst, whose porcelain designs have won glowing mentions from The Guardian and Elle among others. The Clay Collective will be hosting workshops if you fancy having a crack at it yourself.
Finally, Netil Market will host a Bottle Bonanza to send you away for Christmas with a spring in your step and a lovely bottle of something for your festive lunch. Taking place on December 22, there will be stalls from local brewers Forest Road Brewing Co., Proper Natural Wine and mescal from Sin Gusano.
Christmas at Netil Market takes place on December 1, 8, 15 and 22 from 10am to 6pm. Entry is free. More details here.
- 1 Four Hackney and Islington properties with amazing skyline views
- 2 Man rushed to hospital following Stoke Newington stabbing
- 3 'Catastrophic consequences': Hundreds of unvaccinated could lose work at Homerton Hospital
- 4 Haggerston celebrates the Chinese Lunar New Year
- 5 Covid patient numbers at Homerton Hospital with Plan B rules set to lift
- 6 Shoreditch floral café blooms at new premises in Bethnal Green
- 7 Artisan coffee house opens in Angel Central following £16m refurbishment
- 8 Revealed: Hackney, Islington and Newham are boroughs with most LTNs
- 9 Dalston delivery drivers demand shelter, safety and 'dignity'
- 10 How often do Londoners cycle to work in each borough?