Haggerston pop-up market to showcase women entrepreneurs
- Credit: Ninocare
A Hackney childcare service is hosting a pop-up market event showcasing local mothers who set up businesses during the pandemic.
Aramide Fadiora from Ninocare on Haggerston Road set up a social enterprise just before the first lockdown in March 2020 to help women get back into work or education or to support them in starting their own businesses.
The pop-up market will take place on October 23 at the childcare facility.
Aramide hopes people will come to to check out what is on offer and support the local businesswomen in their new ventures.
She said: “Some of the women have been out of work for a long period of time so being able to go back into the business world or go back into work is quite a big step.
“Basically some of the women have come from very little or nothing and they are at a point where they are able to launch their businesses which is actually phenomenal.”
Aramide continued: “Some of them are single mums as well. It’s worth celebrating their achievements within the community.”
- 1 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 2 Operation Mincemeat: Role of Hackney mortuary marked in Colin Firth film
- 3 CCTV: Dog walker helped raped woman, 19, call the police in Hackney
- 4 Homerton LTN to be made permanent despite division among residents
- 5 Possible travel disruptions for central London this week
- 6 Boxpark reveals plans for Shoreditch rooftop garden
- 7 Protesting workers in wage war with Hackney Council
- 8 'It was like a scene from a movie': Hackney man facing jail for 2017 shooting
- 9 Five convicted for 'horrifying' Broadway Market stabbing
- 10 Loyal customers given shares in new craft beer company
Aramide’s own business Ninocare was launched to provide flexible childcare to women that want to go back to work.