Nouvelle Vague’s Marina Celeste performs in Shoreditch
Marina Celeste, the voice of loungy post-punk covers group Nouvelle Vague, will perform at Shoreditch’s Cargo on Friday night as part of her UK tour with her Parisian band.
It’s all perfectly timed to celebrate the release of her new album, The Angel Pop, a collaborative project between Marina and the legendary Terry Hall, lead singer of The Specials.
Originally discovered at 22 by Nouvelle Vague’s Marc Collin, Marina is no stranger to fronting a band on stage, having toured the world and selling over half a million records during the course of her career.
She originally met Terry while duetting with him on the Nouvelle Vague track Our Lips Are Sealed and the pair reunited in Paris to record another four tracks for Marina’s upcoming album.
The Angel Pop due for release on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show at the Rivington Street venue on Friday night cost �12 from www.seetickets.com
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 7 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 8 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Three men charged following Hackney shooting