Nouvelle Vague’s Marina Celeste performs in Shoreditch
Marina Celeste, the voice of loungy post-punk covers group Nouvelle Vague, will perform at Shoreditch’s Cargo on Friday night as part of her UK tour with her Parisian band.
It’s all perfectly timed to celebrate the release of her new album, The Angel Pop, a collaborative project between Marina and the legendary Terry Hall, lead singer of The Specials.
Originally discovered at 22 by Nouvelle Vague’s Marc Collin, Marina is no stranger to fronting a band on stage, having toured the world and selling over half a million records during the course of her career.
She originally met Terry while duetting with him on the Nouvelle Vague track Our Lips Are Sealed and the pair reunited in Paris to record another four tracks for Marina’s upcoming album.
The Angel Pop due for release on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the show at the Rivington Street venue on Friday night cost �12 from www.seetickets.com
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 7 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 8 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 9 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 10 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service