Ozzy Osbourne and co set to raise the roof at Greenwich’s O2 arena
THE legendary touring behemoth that is Ozzfest is set to hit the O2 arena with a one-off date on tomorrow (Saturday).
Ozzy Osbournne will be accompanied on the main stage by Korn, Murderdolls and Skindred and, in addition to the music on offer, Ozzy and co will completely take over The O2, offering up a Village Of The Damned, with fairground rides, stalls and tattooists.
The 2010 package will be the first UK OZZFEST show in more than five years and is also the first time The O2 features a general admission format in which ticket holders will be able to choose between watching the show from seats, or the specially enlarged standing area.
The show will be headlined by the Prince Of Darkness whose solo albums have all achieved top 40 chart success in the UK and whose 10th studio album Scream is out now.
Ozzy said: “It means a lot to bring Ozzfest back to the UK. This is the first time that we’re bringing Ozzfest indoors. The O2 is the perfect place to hold a festival. Let it rain, let it hail, let it thunder, because we’ll be rocking inside.”
Flying in from Bakerfield, USA, the multi-million selling, Grammy Award-winning Korn will be showcasing new material from their new album, Korn III - Remember Who You Are.
Ozzfest will also offer the opportunity for UK fans to give Murderdolls a hearty welcome back from the dead after a six year absence.
- 1 Hackney strip bar could lose license after breaching Covid rules
- 2 Teenager charged after Jewish men attacked in Stamford Hill
- 3 Eight drivers arrested and 22 vehicles seized in Stoke Newington crackdown
- 4 More details emerge on antisemitic attack in Stamford Hill
- 5 'Nail-biting situation': Hundreds of Homerton's staff at risk of dismissal over Covid vaccines
- 6 Hackney mum and brain tumour patient to walk for charity dressed as duck
- 7 Two Jewish men hospitalised day before Holocaust Memorial Day
- 8 Wanted man may be in Hackney
- 9 Afghan refugee family rehomed in Hackney
- 10 'Was she rank?': Met apologises for language used during Hackney strip search
Welsh raga-punks and former Korn touring partners Skindred will come armed with a unique blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae for their debut at The O2.
Ozzfest starts at the O2 at 4pm tomorrow. Tickets cost �40 from www.theo2.co.uk or 0844 856 0202.