Ozzy Osbourne and co set to raise the roof at Greenwich’s O2 arena
THE legendary touring behemoth that is Ozzfest is set to hit the O2 arena with a one-off date on tomorrow (Saturday).
Ozzy Osbournne will be accompanied on the main stage by Korn, Murderdolls and Skindred and, in addition to the music on offer, Ozzy and co will completely take over The O2, offering up a Village Of The Damned, with fairground rides, stalls and tattooists.
The 2010 package will be the first UK OZZFEST show in more than five years and is also the first time The O2 features a general admission format in which ticket holders will be able to choose between watching the show from seats, or the specially enlarged standing area.
The show will be headlined by the Prince Of Darkness whose solo albums have all achieved top 40 chart success in the UK and whose 10th studio album Scream is out now.
Ozzy said: “It means a lot to bring Ozzfest back to the UK. This is the first time that we’re bringing Ozzfest indoors. The O2 is the perfect place to hold a festival. Let it rain, let it hail, let it thunder, because we’ll be rocking inside.”
You may also want to watch:
Flying in from Bakerfield, USA, the multi-million selling, Grammy Award-winning Korn will be showcasing new material from their new album, Korn III - Remember Who You Are.
Ozzfest will also offer the opportunity for UK fans to give Murderdolls a hearty welcome back from the dead after a six year absence.
- 1 "Heartless" Joshua White killers jailed for life
- 2 Broken De Beauvoir Estate lift saw man "bump" wife in wheelchair down stairs
- 3 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 4 Hackney Rabbi campaigns with Idris Elba, Ed Sheeran, Lewis Hamilton and others to Never Forget Stephen Lawrence
- 5 ‘We are still human’: homeless households speak out over living conditions
- 6 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 7 Hackney police commander calls on community to "play its part" in crime prevention
- 8 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 9 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 10 Calls for black women's voices to also be heard in light of Sarah Everard death
Welsh raga-punks and former Korn touring partners Skindred will come armed with a unique blend of metal, punk, rap and reggae for their debut at The O2.
Ozzfest starts at the O2 at 4pm tomorrow. Tickets cost �40 from www.theo2.co.uk or 0844 856 0202.