Patty and Bun review: Limited edition Patty and Rum burger hits the sweet spot
- Credit: Archant
Rum lovers – you may want to head down to your nearest Patty and Bun before the end of the month.
The hip burger joint has collaborated with the world-famous Appleton Estate to create a Jamaica-inspired grilled chicken burger named, of course, Patty and Rum.
It comes in a soft brioche bun with okra hash brown, delicious creamy coleslaw and the headline act, an Appleton rum marinade.
After settling down at the London Fields branch on a boiling hot Sunday we ordered the burger with – naturally – a Jamaican mule cocktail on the side.
And anyone wondering whether that could result in a rum overload – if there is such a thing – needn’t worry. The marinade gives just a subtle flavour of rum without being overpowering.
You may also want to watch:
The coleslaw is creamy, but not too rich and the hash brown offers a unique take on the traditional greasy-spoon staple.
As mentioned, the limited run of the Patty and Rum ends when August arrives, but for those who miss out the Patty and Bun and Appleton Estate collaboration will be making a one-off appearance at Wilderness Festival, which takes place in Oxfordshire from August 2 to 5.
Find your nearest branch here.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers