Patty and Bun review: Limited edition Patty and Rum burger hits the sweet spot
- Credit: Archant
Rum lovers – you may want to head down to your nearest Patty and Bun before the end of the month.
The hip burger joint has collaborated with the world-famous Appleton Estate to create a Jamaica-inspired grilled chicken burger named, of course, Patty and Rum.
It comes in a soft brioche bun with okra hash brown, delicious creamy coleslaw and the headline act, an Appleton rum marinade.
After settling down at the London Fields branch on a boiling hot Sunday we ordered the burger with – naturally – a Jamaican mule cocktail on the side.
And anyone wondering whether that could result in a rum overload – if there is such a thing – needn’t worry. The marinade gives just a subtle flavour of rum without being overpowering.
You may also want to watch:
The coleslaw is creamy, but not too rich and the hash brown offers a unique take on the traditional greasy-spoon staple.
As mentioned, the limited run of the Patty and Rum ends when August arrives, but for those who miss out the Patty and Bun and Appleton Estate collaboration will be making a one-off appearance at Wilderness Festival, which takes place in Oxfordshire from August 2 to 5.
Find your nearest branch here.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities