Patty and Bun review: Limited edition Patty and Rum burger hits the sweet spot
- Credit: Archant
Rum lovers – you may want to head down to your nearest Patty and Bun before the end of the month.
The hip burger joint has collaborated with the world-famous Appleton Estate to create a Jamaica-inspired grilled chicken burger named, of course, Patty and Rum.
It comes in a soft brioche bun with okra hash brown, delicious creamy coleslaw and the headline act, an Appleton rum marinade.
After settling down at the London Fields branch on a boiling hot Sunday we ordered the burger with – naturally – a Jamaican mule cocktail on the side.
And anyone wondering whether that could result in a rum overload – if there is such a thing – needn’t worry. The marinade gives just a subtle flavour of rum without being overpowering.
You may also want to watch:
The coleslaw is creamy, but not too rich and the hash brown offers a unique take on the traditional greasy-spoon staple.
As mentioned, the limited run of the Patty and Rum ends when August arrives, but for those who miss out the Patty and Bun and Appleton Estate collaboration will be making a one-off appearance at Wilderness Festival, which takes place in Oxfordshire from August 2 to 5.
Find your nearest branch here.
- 1 Hackney Wick bar and restaurant opens with Two More Years to go
- 2 Legendary east London graffiti pub to reopen after 26 years
- 3 How Homerton Hospital staff took on the virus in the first year of Covid
- 4 'They don't care,' says Hackney family living in mould-infested property
- 5 Stamford Hill North and Shoreditch hardest hit during Covid waves
- 6 Residents report losing sleep over Broadway Market drinkers and idling minicab engines
- 7 Gone in 60 seconds: Watch as 'keyless' thief steals Hackney car
- 8 New traffic measures as school brings pupils onto a single site
- 9 Crowdfunder for Prodigy's Keith Flint mural to raise mental health awareness
- 10 Letter: Facilities needed to make LTNs work