Petit Pois Bistro, Hoxton Square: Classic French fare cooked to perfection
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
If you’re looking for classic French fare cooked to stunning perfection, look no further than Petit Pois Bistro.
A fixture in Hoxton Square for the past three years, it may have been overlooked by revellers passing through on their way to the basement cocktail bar downstairs, Happiness Forgets.
But once you've eaten at the intimate, modern bistro you'll find it hard to forget the rib eye, foie gras and steak tartare they serve up.
The chef sources fresh ingredients from small producers, and aside from the French classics, the menu changes regularly and is always dictated by what's in season.
Foie gras with brioche and raspberry preserve (£12.50) is richly decadent and a courgette entree was exquisite.
Dry-aged ribeye for two is outstanding, topped with truffle butter, girolles and jus (£52.00).
There are only two desserts, but it's worth sharing them both - a gloriously rich, "proper" mousse au chocolat, made with raw egg, and a crepes Suzette, both at £5.50.
- 1 Planned travel disruptions in east and central north London this week
- 2 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 3 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 4 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 5 Great Christmas markets in and around north London
- 6 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 7 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 8 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 9 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 10 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
Petit Pois suits both a romantic night out to a business lunch, and for a meal you'll look back on with longing it's money well spent.