Petit Pois Bistro, Hoxton Square: Classic French fare cooked to perfection
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
If you’re looking for classic French fare cooked to stunning perfection, look no further than Petit Pois Bistro.
A fixture in Hoxton Square for the past three years, it may have been overlooked by revellers passing through on their way to the basement cocktail bar downstairs, Happiness Forgets.
But once you've eaten at the intimate, modern bistro you'll find it hard to forget the rib eye, foie gras and steak tartare they serve up.
The chef sources fresh ingredients from small producers, and aside from the French classics, the menu changes regularly and is always dictated by what's in season.
Foie gras with brioche and raspberry preserve (£12.50) is richly decadent and a courgette entree was exquisite.
You may also want to watch:
Dry-aged ribeye for two is outstanding, topped with truffle butter, girolles and jus (£52.00).
There are only two desserts, but it's worth sharing them both - a gloriously rich, "proper" mousse au chocolat, made with raw egg, and a crepes Suzette, both at £5.50.
- 1 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 4 Flooding recovery begins after evening of chaos
- 5 Mick Gosling tribute: 'A man of honesty and justice'
- 6 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney
- 7 Drug dealer who killed "beloved" Hackney father convicted
- 8 Mick Gosling tribute: 'Political vision and flair'
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
Petit Pois suits both a romantic night out to a business lunch, and for a meal you'll look back on with longing it's money well spent.