Petit Pois Bistro, Hoxton Square: Classic French fare cooked to perfection
- Credit: Emma Bartholomew
If you’re looking for classic French fare cooked to stunning perfection, look no further than Petit Pois Bistro.
A fixture in Hoxton Square for the past three years, it may have been overlooked by revellers passing through on their way to the basement cocktail bar downstairs, Happiness Forgets.
But once you've eaten at the intimate, modern bistro you'll find it hard to forget the rib eye, foie gras and steak tartare they serve up.
The chef sources fresh ingredients from small producers, and aside from the French classics, the menu changes regularly and is always dictated by what's in season.
Foie gras with brioche and raspberry preserve (£12.50) is richly decadent and a courgette entree was exquisite.
You may also want to watch:
Dry-aged ribeye for two is outstanding, topped with truffle butter, girolles and jus (£52.00).
There are only two desserts, but it's worth sharing them both - a gloriously rich, "proper" mousse au chocolat, made with raw egg, and a crepes Suzette, both at £5.50.
- 1 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 2 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Letters: Christchurch Estate, Cllr Burke, Happy Man Tree and CCTV
- 7 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 8 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 9 Stoke Newington School looks to raise £60K for student laptops
- 10 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
Petit Pois suits both a romantic night out to a business lunch, and for a meal you'll look back on with longing it's money well spent.