‘Posh dogs’ served at McQueen Outdoor, Shoreditch
- Credit: Archant
McQueen bar has expanded across the street in a disused yard revamped as an al fresco terrace, where its pimped-up ‘posh dogs’ have been named after the iconic actor.
The Rockadollar pop-up food offering at the bar in Tabernacle Street, Shoreditch, includes a The Magnificent Seven with onglet steak alongside a pork dog, chilli, ginger, coriander and black sesame.
The veggie Cheese Bullitt meanwhile comes with Stilton, mozzarella and Red Leicester with leeks, Sriarcha mayo, pickles and red vein sorrel, and the NOT Dog sees pulled pork slathered in yakisoba BBQ sauce, summer slaw, kimchi mayo and pickles.
They’re all served in a brioche bun and priced between £8 and £9.
Signature cocktails to wash the dogs down include the delicious Cincinnati Cooler with Grey Goose vodka, Mandarine Napoleon, fresh mandarins, cinnamon syrup and fresh lime juice, or the McQueen Spritz with Crème de Cassis, prosecco and soda.
You may also want to watch:
McQueen Outdoor is just over the road from the lounge bar, restaurant and boutique club which opened six years ago inspired by the screen legend Steve McQueen.
The funky outdoor area is luxurious with its black floor and white quilted leather paneling and Chesterfield seating, while the exposed bricks and street art depicting pop culture icons lends a rugged feel.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 4 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 7 Hackney writer creates web series to deter young people from "street life"
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
The terrace will be open until the end of October.