Preview: Guitarist John Etheridge plays the Proud Archivist
- Credit: Archant
A guitarist described as “one of the best in the world” is performing in Hackney this Sunday.
Jazz guitarist John Etheridge will play in the Proud Archivist amidst the beautiful art work of his former friend Storm Thorgerson, who passed away in April.
Vocals will be provided by Barbie, the widow of Mr Thorgerson, who was a graphic designer who worked for rock artists like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.
Mr Thorgerson’s design on the album cover for The Dark Side of the Moon was hailed as one of the greatest covers of all time.
Recognised by Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, John Etheridge enjoys a glowing reputation and was described by American jazz guitarist Pat Metheny as one of the best guitarists in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event at the Proud Archivist in Hertford Road, Haggerston, takes place on Sunday December 22 cost £10 which includes a glass of wine.
To book online go to www.theproudarchivist.co.uk.
- 1 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 2 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 3 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton Hospital says 'stay home' after 'major incident' declared
- 10 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities