Preview: Guitarist John Etheridge plays the Proud Archivist
- Credit: Archant
A guitarist described as “one of the best in the world” is performing in Hackney this Sunday.
Jazz guitarist John Etheridge will play in the Proud Archivist amidst the beautiful art work of his former friend Storm Thorgerson, who passed away in April.
Vocals will be provided by Barbie, the widow of Mr Thorgerson, who was a graphic designer who worked for rock artists like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.
Mr Thorgerson’s design on the album cover for The Dark Side of the Moon was hailed as one of the greatest covers of all time.
Recognised by Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, John Etheridge enjoys a glowing reputation and was described by American jazz guitarist Pat Metheny as one of the best guitarists in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event at the Proud Archivist in Hertford Road, Haggerston, takes place on Sunday December 22 cost £10 which includes a glass of wine.
To book online go to www.theproudarchivist.co.uk.
- 1 Huge new charity kitchen aims to produce 100,000 meals east London people this summer
- 2 Turner Prize winning artist holds exhibition in his former Hackney school
- 3 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 4 Letter against the use of e-scooters on roads
- 5 'It's like toilet', say Dalston residents who have had enough of broken locks, rats and scaffolding
- 6 Massive drugs haul suspected to be worth over £1million seized in Hackney
- 7 Meet the Wonder Warriors – the charity helping women with endometriosis
- 8 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 9 Hackney barber to Lebron James and Anthony Joshua has skills recognised
- 10 Free boat parties, stone-fired pizza and more this weekend in Hackney