Preview: Guitarist John Etheridge plays the Proud Archivist
- Credit: Archant
A guitarist described as “one of the best in the world” is performing in Hackney this Sunday.
Jazz guitarist John Etheridge will play in the Proud Archivist amidst the beautiful art work of his former friend Storm Thorgerson, who passed away in April.
Vocals will be provided by Barbie, the widow of Mr Thorgerson, who was a graphic designer who worked for rock artists like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath.
Mr Thorgerson’s design on the album cover for The Dark Side of the Moon was hailed as one of the greatest covers of all time.
Recognised by Jimi Hendrix and Eric Clapton, John Etheridge enjoys a glowing reputation and was described by American jazz guitarist Pat Metheny as one of the best guitarists in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the event at the Proud Archivist in Hertford Road, Haggerston, takes place on Sunday December 22 cost £10 which includes a glass of wine.
To book online go to www.theproudarchivist.co.uk.
- 1 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 2 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 3 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 4 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 5 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 6 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 7 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 8 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 9 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers