Preview: Hip hop artist David Record
- Credit: Archant
Catch Canadian hip hop star David Record on his month long tour of the UK, as he promotes his new single “Submit To Me”, which is has been flooding the radio airways and TV stations in his homeland.
The 28-year old performer from Toronto has been rapping since he was 12 but went pro four years ago.
“I always had more to say, and I wanted people to listen,” he said.
“I try and uplift people with a message in the rap, and I like help people get out of their struggle and live positively and to love one another.”
He believes battle rapping in his youth gave him the confidence to go on stage now.
“My stage performance is not aggressive but it’s in your face, I want to involve you, that’s what I like about rapping - you have to entertain everyone at the same time,” he said.
“I pin point people in the audience, the crowd always loves that.
- 1 Boy charged with 3 offences after series of Hackney Marshes sex assaults
- 2 Hackney festival celebrating Turkish and Kurdish culture returns
- 3 8 charged after drugs raids in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 4 Boy, 16, in custody after spate of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes
- 5 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 6 Police search for witness who helped rape victim
- 7 Hackney shooting: Appeal after 'weapons fight' in Lower Clapton
- 8 Wanted: Suspect sought after series of sexual assaults in Hackney Marshes area
- 9 Met defends Israeli police visit to Hackney
- 10 Man dies after being found on fire in Stoke Newington
“Right now I feel like this is the biggest point in my career, coming over to London, I feel so happy and proud and I can’t wait.”
David Record will perform at The Arc, 1 Torrens Street, Angel on Tuesday March 19 or The Nags Head, 12 Upper Street, on Sunday April 7, both performances at 7:30pm.
For more information see www.davidrecordmusic.com.