Preview: Hip hop artist David Record
- Credit: Archant
Catch Canadian hip hop star David Record on his month long tour of the UK, as he promotes his new single “Submit To Me”, which is has been flooding the radio airways and TV stations in his homeland.
The 28-year old performer from Toronto has been rapping since he was 12 but went pro four years ago.
“I always had more to say, and I wanted people to listen,” he said.
“I try and uplift people with a message in the rap, and I like help people get out of their struggle and live positively and to love one another.”
He believes battle rapping in his youth gave him the confidence to go on stage now.
You may also want to watch:
“My stage performance is not aggressive but it’s in your face, I want to involve you, that’s what I like about rapping - you have to entertain everyone at the same time,” he said.
“I pin point people in the audience, the crowd always loves that.
- 1 Three men who went on stabbing spree in Hackney convicted of murder
- 2 "Predator" jailed after sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Hackney bus
- 3 "Outcry" over fortnightly rubbish collection in Stamford Hill
- 4 70 firefighters tackle Old Street tower block blaze
- 5 Hackney volunteers tend to Overground station gardens
- 6 'Betrayal of Tottenham Hotspur': fans slam European Super League plan
- 7 Reopening week saw “record-breaking” days at pubs in Hoxton
- 8 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 9 NEU members continue strike action at Leaways
- 10 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
“Right now I feel like this is the biggest point in my career, coming over to London, I feel so happy and proud and I can’t wait.”
David Record will perform at The Arc, 1 Torrens Street, Angel on Tuesday March 19 or The Nags Head, 12 Upper Street, on Sunday April 7, both performances at 7:30pm.
For more information see www.davidrecordmusic.com.