Preview: Hip hop artist David Record
- Credit: Archant
Catch Canadian hip hop star David Record on his month long tour of the UK, as he promotes his new single “Submit To Me”, which is has been flooding the radio airways and TV stations in his homeland.
The 28-year old performer from Toronto has been rapping since he was 12 but went pro four years ago.
“I always had more to say, and I wanted people to listen,” he said.
“I try and uplift people with a message in the rap, and I like help people get out of their struggle and live positively and to love one another.”
He believes battle rapping in his youth gave him the confidence to go on stage now.
You may also want to watch:
“My stage performance is not aggressive but it’s in your face, I want to involve you, that’s what I like about rapping - you have to entertain everyone at the same time,” he said.
“I pin point people in the audience, the crowd always loves that.
- 1 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 2 Man wanted after alleged sexual offence in Hackney
- 3 How Hackney are you? Try our quiz
- 4 Clapton: Hunt for metal pole after man badly injured
- 5 Drug dealer jailed for murder of Jay John after Dalston attack
- 6 The top FIVE Halloween events in Hackney and Islington
- 7 Morning Lane council homes only possible 'if flats are sold' - says mayor
- 8 Aldi Local to open in Dalston next month
- 9 Parents protest plan to close children's centres in Hackney
- 10 New Aldi opens with help from Hackney pupils and Olympian
“Right now I feel like this is the biggest point in my career, coming over to London, I feel so happy and proud and I can’t wait.”
David Record will perform at The Arc, 1 Torrens Street, Angel on Tuesday March 19 or The Nags Head, 12 Upper Street, on Sunday April 7, both performances at 7:30pm.
For more information see www.davidrecordmusic.com.