Preview: Hip hop artist David Record
- Credit: Archant
Catch Canadian hip hop star David Record on his month long tour of the UK, as he promotes his new single “Submit To Me”, which is has been flooding the radio airways and TV stations in his homeland.
The 28-year old performer from Toronto has been rapping since he was 12 but went pro four years ago.
“I always had more to say, and I wanted people to listen,” he said.
“I try and uplift people with a message in the rap, and I like help people get out of their struggle and live positively and to love one another.”
He believes battle rapping in his youth gave him the confidence to go on stage now.
You may also want to watch:
“My stage performance is not aggressive but it’s in your face, I want to involve you, that’s what I like about rapping - you have to entertain everyone at the same time,” he said.
“I pin point people in the audience, the crowd always loves that.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 3 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 4 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Hackney surgery named GP Team of the Year
- 7 Union votes to strike over cuts at Hackney schools
- 8 Man wrestled to floor during attempted robbery in Finsbury Park
- 9 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
- 10 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
“Right now I feel like this is the biggest point in my career, coming over to London, I feel so happy and proud and I can’t wait.”
David Record will perform at The Arc, 1 Torrens Street, Angel on Tuesday March 19 or The Nags Head, 12 Upper Street, on Sunday April 7, both performances at 7:30pm.
For more information see www.davidrecordmusic.com.