Sliders set for two-month stint at Stratford’s Roof East
- Credit: Archant
Expect six curling lanes, toasty cocktails, BBQ food and music from a steel-drum band when Sliders opens on November 1
Sliders return to take over Roof East next week as their Cool Runnings-themed attraction settles in for the run-up to Christmas.
This latest social hub has been inspired by everyone’s favourite underdog movie, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year. Revellers will find a space glowing with neon, six curling lanes, a steel-drum band, Jamaican-inspired cocktails and street food courtesy of Jimmy Garcia’s BBQ Club. It’s a tasty line-up which event organisers the SFG Club have designed to “turn winter on its head.”
Roof East – located against the backdrop of the Olympic Park – was a disused rooftop car park four years ago, but it has become one of London’s leading sky-high spaces for themed events, cinema screenings, eating and drinking since its transformation.
Drop in any time between November 1 and December 22 to try your hand at curling. Sliders will feature lane-side hosts ready to a) bring you a victory cocktail or b) help you drown those sorrows depending on how the action unfolds on the ice.
You may also want to watch:
Away from the action, Sliders will feature a number of alpine retreats fitted with bobsleigh seating. The Steel drum band will play festive classics as the holidays draw closer, while hot chocolate and hot buttered rums will be available alongside Winter Zombie and Apple Strudel Mojitos at the bar. Mulled wines, ciders and non-alcoholic favourites like the Curling Me Softly (hot spiced apple and blackcurrant) complete the line-up.
Jimmy Garcia – a chef known for hosting creative supper club experiences around London – also has a stall when it’s time to get some food.
- 1 Mare Street Narroway see's queues for Primark and independent shops reopen on April 12
- 2 Three men charged following Hackney shooting
- 3 Hackney schoolgirl and actress Bukky Bakray wins Bafta
- 4 Hackney and Islington have some of the loudest neighbours in London
- 5 Haggerston tenants 'in the dark' after scaffolding left up for a year
- 6 New photography book celebrates Hackney’s residents of all ages
- 7 New Exhibition celebrates Hackney scenes
- 8 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 9 Delivery service helps local shops in Hackney, Islington and Tower Hamlets
- 10 Hackney welcomes back eager gym-goers and swimmers
Prices for a curling lane starts from £25 for four players, rising to £80 for a group of eight playing at peak times. Sliders offers family tickets on Saturday afternoons which cost £20 and include free soft drinks for children.
Sliders opens on Thursday November 1 and runs daily until Saturday December 22 (excluding Sundays). For more details visit their website.