Psychic Burger at The Victoria, E8
- Credit: Archant
Pop-up diner Psychic Burger has returned to Hackney with a new kitchen residency at the newly refurbished pub, The Victoria in Dalston.
The restaurant made its debut at Birthdays bar in Stoke Newington, where the year-long stint included burgers made from soft-shell crab and controversial horse, before making its way to the Old Queen’s Head in Islington’s Essex Road.
Now the trendy burger concept brings its cool American diner-style wrapping and plastic baskets to the pub and live-music venue in Queensbridge Road.
Billed as food designed for music lovers, the juicy beef burgers dripping with cheese and encased in a brioche bun are perfect fare for a night out at the pub.
Prices are reasonable, starting at £7.50 for the classic, and £8 for the psychic which comes with a special sauce.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside the old favourites, shawarmas also make an appearance, and I relished the crispy sweet potato fries.
The pork rib starters are not to be missed, and the huge deep-fried gherkins are really rather tasty.
- 1 London's emergency services show support for LTNs
- 2 Hackney remembers Prince Philip after his passing at age 99
- 3 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 4 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 5 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 6 Former East Enders actor takes next career step as a film director
- 7 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 8 Godwin Lawson's mum reflects on the ‘hardest call’ after son's fatal stabbing
- 9 "Horrific" extent of River Lea plastic pollution at Hackney Marshes
- 10 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
Jaguar Shoes collective has spent the last few months bringing the pub back to its former glory, with a revamp revealing many of the pub’s features like Victorian cornices and Edwardian oak paneling, illuminated with garish neon lights.
Franz Ferdinand and the Slaves have recently played the150 capacity back room, which should be a taste of musical things to come.