Psychic Burger at The Victoria, E8
- Credit: Archant
Pop-up diner Psychic Burger has returned to Hackney with a new kitchen residency at the newly refurbished pub, The Victoria in Dalston.
The restaurant made its debut at Birthdays bar in Stoke Newington, where the year-long stint included burgers made from soft-shell crab and controversial horse, before making its way to the Old Queen’s Head in Islington’s Essex Road.
Now the trendy burger concept brings its cool American diner-style wrapping and plastic baskets to the pub and live-music venue in Queensbridge Road.
Billed as food designed for music lovers, the juicy beef burgers dripping with cheese and encased in a brioche bun are perfect fare for a night out at the pub.
Prices are reasonable, starting at £7.50 for the classic, and £8 for the psychic which comes with a special sauce.
Alongside the old favourites, shawarmas also make an appearance, and I relished the crispy sweet potato fries.
The pork rib starters are not to be missed, and the huge deep-fried gherkins are really rather tasty.
- 1 'Shock and sadness' after news GP practice will close
- 2 Business owners concerned by twice-burgled Stamford Hill shop
- 3 South Hackney stabbing: Woman arrested and man left fighting for his life
- 4 Worries at lights shutting off around Hackney
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: Planet Organic responds to backlash about incoming Broadway Market store
- 7 Which Underground lines are affected today
- 8 Things to do in north London: Christmas markets, workshops and more this weekend
- 9 Covid-19: How Hackney's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 10 Missing girl, 11, could be in Hackney
Jaguar Shoes collective has spent the last few months bringing the pub back to its former glory, with a revamp revealing many of the pub’s features like Victorian cornices and Edwardian oak paneling, illuminated with garish neon lights.
Franz Ferdinand and the Slaves have recently played the150 capacity back room, which should be a taste of musical things to come.