Queen of Hoxton launches Viking-style Skye Halla Wigwam
- Credit: QOH
The roof top at the Queen of Hoxton is reinvented every season – and winter tends to be my favourite time of year.
This year is no exception with a Nordic Viking theme where they seem to have got the Danish ‘hygge’ concept down to a tee.
The dim light in the Skye Halla wigwam is very cosy and as you sip on hot vodka and mead punch cocktails served in cow horns it’s easy to forget you’re in the inner city.
There are fire pits, driftwood sculptures, shields and a longboat outside.
Suspended in the middle of the wigwam is a shrine to Yggdrasil where Viking warriors hang their offerings to the Norse gods, symbolising an immense mythical tree connecting the nine worlds.
You may also want to watch:
Communal banqueting tables are surrounded by the discarded weapons of a battle apparently recently won.
Food is served in disposable boxes, and is simple but very tasty. On the menu is a pork belly ‘Hodhr’s Hotpot’, with apples and potatoes, or a slow braised turkey leg.
- 1 Covid fines worth £39K handed out in Hackney and Tower Hamlets
- 2 Shop Local: Stoke Newington entrepreneur launches dog accessory business
- 3 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 4 Old Street roundabout project moves into final phase
- 5 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 6 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 7 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 8 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 9 Hackney Council cyberattack: Stolen data published on the dark web
- 10 Hackney school pupils bag top spots in national architecture competition
Freyja’s Nettle Love Elixir is a very strong foraged cocktail, and is a mix of stinging nettle martini with elderflower, lemon, and an agave and nettle infused gin.
A series of immersive events are on offer, including workshops like Viking life drawing classes or chain maille jewellery workshops.
Queen of Hoxton, 1 Curtain Road, EC2A 3JX.