Review: Burlesque After Dark, Proud Kitchen
The burlesque gravy train shows no signs of slowing down and cabaret entrepreneur Alex Proud is making sure everyone’s on board.
Although diners have been enjoying Burlesque in Your Kitchen since the summer, the Proud empire is now ensuring its burlesque shows in Camden get maximum exposure with two dinner sittings.
Razor-tongued ring mistress Ophelia Bitz wrangled her herd of burlesque beauties who serve up their tantalising cabaret offerings as the waiting staff served a three course meal.
Performers, including the lovely Miss Dolly Rose, dutifully entertained as diners tucked into their festive roast turkey and if there was anyone snoozing (which I doubt very much) they would have had a rude awakening during Lisa Lottie’s eye-boggling hula-hooping act as Christmas decorations crashed from the ceiling, showering the stage with broken glass.
A second appearance by the angular Netherlander prompted gasps and rapturous applause as she contorted her frame to squeeze, bottom first, through a ring only just wider than her hips.
You may also want to watch:
But the evening’s show stopper was the astoundingly beautiful and daintily curvaceous Banbury Cross whose fan dance trumped every other I’ve seen (and I’ve seen a lot). I’m smitten.
Three course meal, burlesque entertainment and club entry costs �39.
- 1 Police issue fines worth £15,000 after suspected illegal rave in Hackney
- 2 Empty Hoxton car parks and garages to be turned into homes
- 3 Hackney tenant who was left 'terrified' for years reaches court settlement
- 4 Pictures: Scenes in Islington and Hackney after snowfall blankets London
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 7 Restaurant owner delivers treats to Homerton Hospital
- 8 Hackney reviewing whether court ruling impacts low-traffic neighbourhoods
- 9 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 10 Bedroom pop producer 'owes success to Hackney's creative community'