Review: Burlesque After Dark, Proud Kitchen
The burlesque gravy train shows no signs of slowing down and cabaret entrepreneur Alex Proud is making sure everyone’s on board.
Although diners have been enjoying Burlesque in Your Kitchen since the summer, the Proud empire is now ensuring its burlesque shows in Camden get maximum exposure with two dinner sittings.
Razor-tongued ring mistress Ophelia Bitz wrangled her herd of burlesque beauties who serve up their tantalising cabaret offerings as the waiting staff served a three course meal.
Performers, including the lovely Miss Dolly Rose, dutifully entertained as diners tucked into their festive roast turkey and if there was anyone snoozing (which I doubt very much) they would have had a rude awakening during Lisa Lottie’s eye-boggling hula-hooping act as Christmas decorations crashed from the ceiling, showering the stage with broken glass.
A second appearance by the angular Netherlander prompted gasps and rapturous applause as she contorted her frame to squeeze, bottom first, through a ring only just wider than her hips.
You may also want to watch:
But the evening’s show stopper was the astoundingly beautiful and daintily curvaceous Banbury Cross whose fan dance trumped every other I’ve seen (and I’ve seen a lot). I’m smitten.
Three course meal, burlesque entertainment and club entry costs �39.
- 1 Residents' thoughts on Stoke Newington Church Street LTN
- 2 Fears soft play centre Kidzmania could be at threat due to flats plan
- 3 Helen Anderson: Finsbury Park murder victim's father pays tribute to his daughter
- 4 McDonald's boycott backed by Diane Abbott, Hackney MP
- 5 Hackney Half runners prepare for the fitness festival weekend
- 6 Corbyn slams 'spy cops' in peace group as 'disgraceful interference'
- 7 Five things to do in Hackney and Islington this weekend (September 25-56)
- 8 A sneak peak of what's in store for Black History Season in Hackney
- 9 Sadiq Khan urged to denounce £1.2bn Edmonton incinerator
- 10 Two of the best boozers in Hackney, voted for by readers