Review: Pizza Rossa, Shoreditch is a tasty grab and go meal
- Credit: Archant
The square slice pizza artisans at Pizza Rossa have made their home at The Pump, the old petrol station on Shoreditch High Street, which is now a thriving street food market.
Those looking for a grab and go meal can enjoy slices cooked in front of them in just five minutes, perfect for a quick snack.
Choose between four topping combinations, including four cheeses, jalapeño and pepperoni and Margherita.
Pizza Rossa founder Corrado Accardi said: “Our pizza al taglio – by the square slice – is inspired by the street food vendors of Italy, and it is a high quality artisan food. The Pump at Shoreditch is the ideal venue to offer this street treat, thus expanding our core offer and bringing a new dimension to the company as we grow.”
The team behind the food say the dough uses a fraction of yeast and salt found in the conventional pizza, with no sugar or preservatives, making for a healthier slice which is vegan and lower in gluten.
You may also want to watch:
And indeed, the thick slabs of cheesy pizza are generously portioned but surprisingly light, making them moreish and comforting.
We opted for a spicy pepperoni and jalapeño and ham and mushroom, both oozing with toppings and busting with flavour.
- 1 Hackney people encouraged to shop local for April 12 reopening
- 2 Jailed: Newham men who raped and robbed women in Hackney home
- 3 Hackney's great beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Campaign to keep Hackney Wick 'alive' with street art
- 5 Garden of Lament, Covid, Ramadan, homing cats and Islamophobia
- 6 Community group crowdfunds to turn old Lea valley water depot into wild space
- 7 'I can't wait to buy useless items' when shops reopen after Covid lockdown
- 8 Hoxton restaurant showcases menus by New City College student chefs
- 9 Hackney mum left with 'deep scars' after sexual assault at school
- 10 Tote bags help tackle homelessness and addiction
For £5 a slice this is one of the better value options around Shoreditch and with no compromise on quality and distinctly fresh ingredients.
Address: 168 – 175 Shoreditch High Street, E1 6HU
Tube: Shoreditch High Street
Price: £5 a slice