Review: Pizza Rossa, Shoreditch is a tasty grab and go meal
- Credit: Archant
The square slice pizza artisans at Pizza Rossa have made their home at The Pump, the old petrol station on Shoreditch High Street, which is now a thriving street food market.
Those looking for a grab and go meal can enjoy slices cooked in front of them in just five minutes, perfect for a quick snack.
Choose between four topping combinations, including four cheeses, jalapeño and pepperoni and Margherita.
Pizza Rossa founder Corrado Accardi said: “Our pizza al taglio – by the square slice – is inspired by the street food vendors of Italy, and it is a high quality artisan food. The Pump at Shoreditch is the ideal venue to offer this street treat, thus expanding our core offer and bringing a new dimension to the company as we grow.”
The team behind the food say the dough uses a fraction of yeast and salt found in the conventional pizza, with no sugar or preservatives, making for a healthier slice which is vegan and lower in gluten.
You may also want to watch:
And indeed, the thick slabs of cheesy pizza are generously portioned but surprisingly light, making them moreish and comforting.
We opted for a spicy pepperoni and jalapeño and ham and mushroom, both oozing with toppings and busting with flavour.
- 1 Police appeal for help to trace wanted Dalston man
- 2 Jailed: 'Dangerous' Hackney predator found with 1,600 indecent child images
- 3 Hackney road closures 'will cost lives', says volunteer ambulance service
- 4 Joint Covid patrols launched to ensure lockdown rules are followed
- 5 'Common sense' prevails as Stamford Hill testing centre moved out of estate
- 6 Covid-safe shared workspaces in Hackney on flexibility without formalities
- 7 Hackney author speaks out against stop and search
- 8 Lockdown: Thirteen card players busted by police in Hackney social club
- 9 Homerton High Street attack: Man in his 50s stabbed in the back
- 10 Woman arrested over London Fields shooting that left innocent bystander paralysed
For £5 a slice this is one of the better value options around Shoreditch and with no compromise on quality and distinctly fresh ingredients.
Address: 168 – 175 Shoreditch High Street, E1 6HU
Tube: Shoreditch High Street
Price: £5 a slice