Review: Poptata – Loaded fries hold their own among Boxpark’s foodie favourites
- Credit: Archant
Chips might seem like an uninspired choice in the foodie heaven that is Shoreditch Boxpark but Poptata more that holds its own.
Forget salt and vinegar - these so-called street fries are pimped up with everything from avocado and halloumi to meatballs and pink garlic mayo.
Our top choice - confit sunset fries- was already sold out at 6pm on a Friday so evidently we weren’t the only ones who were salivating at the thought of cheesy fries, confit duck, caramelised onions and fried egg
Undeterred, I opted for the Tex pulled pork complete with smoky BBQ sauce, sour cream, spring onions and cheddar. Meanwhile my boyfriend chose the “chorifries”, topped with chorizo, goats cheese and paprika.
After just a short wait, we were happily digging in. The chunky spring onions and messy mix of sauces made my tex pulled pork a hit, while the spicy paprika and slabs of creamy goats cheese were balanced nicely by the chorizo.
You may also want to watch:
So don’t underestimate the humble potato - and get in quick if you’re after the duck.
- 1 Prospect of £10K fine after Stamford Hill wedding
- 2 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 3 This isn't a funny column - Covid killed my father
- 4 Hackney ‘poised’ to undertake school closures after drop in pupil numbers
- 5 Investigation launched after Stamford Hill lockdown wedding
- 6 Police seize lock and 'Rambo-style' knifes in London Fields
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Campaigners launch legal challenge against Hackney LTNs
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 10 Islington man sentenced for antisemitic graffiti in Stamford Hill